What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the latest iPad 2's looking?

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody get an iPad 2 recently? Can you post how the screen is looking?

We know Samsung is now making at least some of the screens for iPad 2's because of the lightbleed issue. I'm wondering if anyone's still getting issues or if you think the new screens look lighter?

I read on macrumors some people were having issues with the new screens because they're color seems to be a lot less rich/lighter :confused:

Well, I had an iPad 2 ordered on monday so ill post back how that turns out. I just hope by the next week or two Apple has this issue figured out for the perfect screen :ipad-peacock:

cheers

Last edited:

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skatealex2 said:
Anybody get an iPad 2 recently? Can you post how the screen is looking?

We know Samsung is now making at least some of the screens for iPad 2's because of the lightbleed issue. I'm wondering if anyone's still getting issues or if you think the new screens look lighter?

I read on macrumors some people were having issues with the new screens because they're color seems to be a lot less rich/lighter :confused:

Well, I had an iPad 2 ordered on monday so ill post back how that turns out. I just hope by the next week or two Apple has this issue figured out for the perfect screen :ipad-peacock:

cheers :)

I got hold of 2 iPad 2 just a few weeks ago and they were fine. 64 gig, black, ATT models.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought two 64GB 3G black units last week. The screens are both perfect and, based on posted comparisons of LG and Samsung screens, I would guess they are LG. No leaks.

applebite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mactip.net
I got one last week. It has a bit of leaking near the home button. At least the glass sits completely flush with the frame. Earlier models had problems with the glass sticking out along the bottom. I think I'll keep it.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got two from a Target in early April. No bleeding or leaking issues. I don't know if that's considered new but I know during that time those issues were in the news a lot.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered my iPad 2 in late March from Apple online and rec'd it on 4/21. It's perfect with no light leakage, etc.

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really interesting as I got mine just over a week ago and noticed really bad backlight bleeding. I researched online straight away but everyone else seemed to be having the issue but now some here are saying there's are fine.

I'm just on the phone to Apple now, may get a replacement. Just don't want to have to wait too long for one.

:-(

jwwphoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No leaks here.". Had it for about 2-1/2 weeks....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Stathis30f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwwphoto said:
No leaks here.". Had it for about 2-1/2 weeks....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I have mine for two weeks and gotta admit it is an exceptional device. My first Apple product!!

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got mine last thursday May 5th. No leakage, and I'm not looking for any. If it ain't obvious, it ain't there as far as I'm concerned.

hitechredneck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine a week ago. I've not used it much till today but it seems to be as good as any apple stuff I've ever owned. 2 iPhones, 1 MacBook, and now iPad 2 32g wifi. I really like the app. Signmypad. I've just began setting it up today. I think I can save a few trees with this!

Synnerg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had mine since release without ANY issues

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got mine yesterday and when I played galaxy on fire it had bleeding, very disappointed with apple. Going to exchange it but if the next one has it i will just get my money back. Not worth the hassle of needing to go through multiple exchanges for the price I paid for it.

Most reactions

Latest posts