What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad Owners List

AZRaptor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another official owner as of 4/3/10 at 1:48pm MST. I've got a 64G (WiFi of course). I have a couple photos up in the Cimo Case Contest thread.

pstork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had mine since Saturday

I got mine around 9:40 AM on Saturday after standing in line for about an hour.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked my 64GB up around 10:30 am on Saturday at Best Buy. I had one reserved at the Apple Store, but when I heard Best Buy was an option I thought I would go there first.

So, here are the advantages to buying at Best Buy versus Apple Store:

1. No appointment needed to buy something.
2. No crowd.
3. No line.
4. Earn Reward Zone points on purchase.
5. Protection plan available that includes damage coverage.
6. Never have to make appointment to get technical help.
7. Never have to make appointment for warranty or service.

And just to be complete, here are the disadvantages of Best Buy:

1. No Apple accessories available yet.
2. No big crowd of fellow enthusiasts there.
(Granted there were a few very excited people there, including ALL the employees)

So, I'm not sure where or how I should post a picture, but I have my new iPad and LOVE it.

CanonicalKoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And just to be complete, here are the disadvantages of Best Buy:

1. No Apple accessories available yet.
2. No big crowd of fellow enthusiasts there.
(Granted there were a few very excited people there, including ALL the employees).
You forgot one:

3. You'll deal with BB's "tech support". Having just cleaned the "control center" virus off my father-in-law's XP machine after The Geek Squad told him that meant he had to have his hard drive replaced (roll eyes here), I'm not sanguine about your hopes of success with them.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3. You'll deal with BB's "tech support". Having just cleaned the "control center" virus off my father-in-law's XP machine after The Geek Squad told him that meant he had to have his hard drive replaced (roll eyes here), I'm not sanguine about your hopes of success with them.

I actually have not let anyone work on a computer of mine since an Apple store tech warped the case of my 17" Powerbook several years ago fixing a keyboard issue.

Fortunately I don't think we are going to see anyone at Best Buy or the Apple store opening the cases of our iPads for service. I feel much safer knowing they are just getting sent to Apple for repair.

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had to add a picture of "my baby" being charged with her Cimo clear silicone skin jelly case and inside her Vera Bradley mini laptop case. Yep, she is well protected. I have the Apple case on order, but I rather like this setup. I also talked to my State Farm agent today and am having her insured for around $50 a year. Love my iPad!!!!! :)

4502820857_4718551df8.jpg

Last edited:

sylvanis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a week since I bought my 64gb wifi model. My 5 year old loves this tablet. My wife has yet to touch it. She's still a little mad that I bought it. she'll be better once the best buy card is paid off.

I had initially thought that I wouldn't buy it. I told myself that if I walked in to the store and they had one, I would get it. I really had thought that they would have been sold out by the time I got in there. Nope, I walked in and out with it.

Now for the DVD conversion processing begin!

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a week since I bought my 64gb wifi model. My 5 year old loves this tablet. My wife has yet to touch it. She's still a little mad that I bought it. she'll be better once the best buy card is paid off.

I had initially thought that I wouldn't buy it. I told myself that if I walked in to the store and they had one, I would get it. I really had thought that they would have been sold out by the time I got in there. Nope, I walked in and out with it.

Now for the DVD conversion processing begin!

I did the same thing. I got mine the Monday following the release. Much to my surprise the sales lady at the Apple store said "Oh we have 12 left, would you like one?"

Most reactions

Latest posts