What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arg - FarmVille heading to iPad

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FarmVille heading to iPhone and iPad

from The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) by Mike Schramm

http://www.tuaw.com/category/ipad/
farmvilleiphone.jpg
Some will cheer, others will groan, but it seems that the love-it-or-hate-it Facebook game, FarmVille, is on its way to iPhone and iPad. A recent search of domains has uncovered both farmvilleiphone.com and farmvilleipad.com, both reserved by the same company currently overseeing Zynga's official FarmVille website. This means that sooner or later, we'll probably be seeing official clients for Apple's mobile devices.

I've played FarmVille, and I find it to be not so much a game as a "social engine" -- it's basically a bunch of hooks to keep you "playing" and keep you passing gifts and virtual items between your friends. But it's definitely popular, and having official apps for the iPhone (or perhaps even just sites made to access on the iPhone -- the main game is currently done up in Flash) will likely only increase that popularity.

It'll be interesting to see if Zynga makes its way over to these platforms. Ngmoco has already usurped part of the FarmVille mindshare with its popular We Rule game, but if the real thing shows up, it's unclear whether people will go back to the original, stick with the new, or even play (and spend money on) both. We'll have to see.

[via Joystiq]TUAWIt's coming... FarmVille heading to iPhone and iPad originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:00:00 EST

If you play Farmville what do you think of this development?

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FML

If I somehow wind up getting farmville requests (no, I don't play that damn thing on FB), I'm going to drive to my friends house and shove their ipad/iphone where the sun don't shine

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FML

If I somehow wind up getting farmville requests (no, I don't play that damn thing on FB), I'm going to drive to my friends house and shove their ipad/iphone where the sun don't shine

LOL, I know what you mean, I think its nothing more than Second Life for Facebook. :p

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't play, but I wonder if it will run on the same network that the Facebook version does. In other words, will Facebook players be able to play with iPad players or will they be separate?

Dallasfoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jayzuz...this and fart machines...how about google docs first? Or a good photo editor. Americans can be so childish with this stuff.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jayzuz...this and fart machines...how about google docs first? Or a good photo editor. Americans can be so childish with this stuff.
How ironic this post is. Cause people in other territories are not childish?

Funny thing is the most useless apps like most fart apps and the bikini apps (so glad they banned them) on the iPhone are chinese devs.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a 'shotgun' app on his iphone. Shake the ipone once, the action racks a shell with that distinctive sound. Hit a key and the gun fires.

Most reactions

Latest posts