What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 shipments

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Date/Time
Mar 19, 2011 12:09 AM
Activity
Arrived at FedEx location

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now in Kentucky, so although my estimated delivery is on Tuesday the 22nd, I think there is a very good chance I will get it on Monday the 21st. It would only take me 45 minutes to drive to where its at now.

Poodlecrazy4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
online order

ordered my 64gb/3g/wireless on verizon, 3/11 at about 8:30am. As of today it still says delivery 4/8.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spoke wirh Fedex Stated that iPad will be at fedex office 2 miles from my job on Monday around 10 am they are allowing me to pick it up there instead of them delivering it in tuesday at 10:am I'm so excited

Tseg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the iPad 2 on 3/12 but ordered the black leather smart cover through apple store online on the same day as it was not at Best Buy. Target delivery was 3/30 for the cover. Yesterday status moved up to 3/23 delivery and now is in transit but has slipped to 3/24. Not sure if 12 days for accessory delivery is unusual?

I love the iPad. I noticed slight backlight issue on day 4 after purchase after reading forum post (have to go through gyrations to create black background to notice issue). But now 7 days after purchase the backlight problem (if you can call it that) is gone.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My lucky day.

I was shopping with wife at mall and walked into Apple store and asked greeter if they had any iPad 2's in and he pointed to another person in blue shirt and I asked him and he had a little scrap of paper with illegible writing on it. He asked me which one I wanted and I told him black 64G AT&T and he looked at the scrap of paper and said no black but have it in white. After about a nano second of thought, I said I will take it. He said if I would have asked him 5 minutes earlier he would have told me they were out. The shipment had just arrived. WHAT LUCK! Have canceled the online order that was not going to ship until April 1.

Dan

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like me, that the ppl who ordered online got the shaft from Apple. When the iPad 1 came out the online orders were delivered the same day as was available at the Apple Stores. This time if you were able to order online early enough you still had to wait 3 to 5 days for it just to ship and they did not even make that schedule. Just saying!
Dan

Not exactly the shaft, but not a good feeling. I got up at 4 a.m. Eastern time to place my order (4:07 a.m.) and one iPad 2 came on 3/16 and the other is due on 3/22. I got up so early and yet, I am not enjoying any of the hype.

I knew that those waiting in line at the stores would have it before me, but Apple never said is that it is coming from China - not a fast trip. (I found out since that a lot of people knew this already.) I was traveling on business on March 11th but I told DH that, if I had known that shipping was from China, I might have tried to get him to stand in line.

In the meantime, he has his and just keeps carrying on about how wonderful it is and, though I have used his, it is not the same. Can't wait until the 22nd.

Zbat72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one think it is worth getting up early Sunday morning to wait in line at apple store?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zbat72 said:
Any one think it is worth getting up early Sunday morning to wait in line at apple store?

I don't think it's worth getting up early on a Sunday for anything.......let alone to queue!

The Archangel

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reserved 32g wifi at Best Buy last Saturday, 3/12, with a $100 deposit. They said they get shipments every Thursday, but no idea how many.

Zbat72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I don't think it's worth getting up early on a Sunday for anything.......let alone to queue!

The Archangel

I felt same way last weekend. But things change. I waited this morning for 2.5 hours (I got a ticket for one, just not the model I wanted) and it was a positive experience. The conversation in line was good. My concern is whether there will be Sunday shipments.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AppleFan.iPadForums said:
And I'm deeply sorry that I took it the wrong way ... Thanks for your support, I'm really grateful of your appreciation.

Providing there is no financial gain to you in advertizing the site it is ok however we do some concerns about it One post is enough

kami.hurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After changing to prepared for shipment, how long does it normally take for apple to send a product out?

Most reactions

Latest posts