What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to buy an ipad2 on launch day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasomi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm getting one on launch day. The apple store is out of the question, the line will be rediculiously long and you'll have to wait for hours. However what about bestbuy. Is there a way to pre-order? Ultimately, I don't have a lot of free time, especially on that day. If I don't get it on that day, at launch, I'm pretty sure it'll be sold out everywhere, and call me crazy but I don't want to order from the apple site and wait for shipping. I've never bought an apple product at launch date, or any product for that matter, where I had to fight crowds, so I'm hoping someone who has done this before can chime in and give some advice.

Reaction score
It's unlikely you will be able to get the iPad on launch day without waiting in a queue. As far as I am aware, is the iPad initially sold through Apple Stores only.

So either you could go in later in the evening and buy whatever model, if any are left, or go early saturday morning.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to a walmart in a rural/small town. they'll most likely have a few. that's how i got my wii & xbox 360 when they were sold out everywhere else.

and both walmart and bb will have them on launch day.

Reaction score
madsquabbles said:
go to a walmart in a rural/small town. they'll most likely have a few. that's how i got my wii & xbox 360 when they were sold out everywhere else.

and both walmart and bb will have them on launch day.

Correct. Accidentally read the article on Apple 1 release date.

Anyway:
US retailers Best Buy, Walmart and Sam's Club will be offering the iPad 2 when the highly awaited tablet device becomes available in stores on March 11th

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on where you live, have the expectation of waiting a long time in line to get the new iPad. Many will camp out over night and/or wait through the day to get a spot in line. My friend waited 6 hours for his iPad 1 and I spent a solid 5+ hours that I will never get back in my life waiting in line for the iPhone 4. I will NEVER do that again!!!

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beware! This outfit is a scam. Just researched it at wholesale forums. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I suggest that the above poster be banned from this forum oh wise moderators.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Done. In the future you could hit the report button. Helps us out. So you hit the report button to say thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts