What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad stories and Plans to get the Ipad.

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
*First Post*
So for all of you unlucky people (like me) who have not gotten the ipad 2 yet just tell us your adventures if you have had any so far. I will share mine too.

My tale starts on the first day of launch, Friday the 11th. After waiting 3 hours in line at the closes apple store (which is luckily only 20mins away) they sold out of the model, 32 gb wifi black/white, with only 5 people ahead of me. So of course i was bummed out. Then i did what any desperate apple enthusiast would do, set out to every electronics store within 15miles, well atleast call. There was no hope, every place had sold 100% of their stock. On Wednesday i set out again to the apple store, again 3 hours earlier thinking that the line would be significantly less. I was wrong, the apple store only had gotten a small shipment and within 30min of the store selling Ipad 2's they were sold out. By this time i am getting really mad with apple. So, Today once again i went to the store 4 hours early surprised to find a line of near 50 people, and guess what. . . no ipads. This time atleast i had gotten a clue about when to come and "possible" large shipments, however the apple salesman was not specific, but he did mention Tuesday the 22nd as a "Good day to show up". Whether that means there getting a large or moderate shipment i am still going to go and hope for the best. I plan to be there at 4am (store opens at 10am) to be 100% sure i get it time, and I do not want to wait till april 14th for the ipad.

Well thats pretty much my story, if you have any other interesting ones please feel free to share, this will give me something to read while im in the line for 6 hours on tuesday. :)

Amok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice story, Martin. Welcome to the forums.

Mine is quite similar. I was fortunate to be on a mini-vacation of sorts to Las Vegas and walked through the Forum Shops to the Apple Store on Saturday morning the 12th. There was a small queue of about a dozen. People were getting their iPad2's pretty matter-of-fact. My thought was that I didn't want to have it stolen out of my hotel room or car, so I'd just get one when I got back home. Mistake number 1.

I got home on Monday the 14th. Stopped in at Best Buy and nothing. Went over to Apple Store...nothing. The online orders were showing "ships in 3-4 weeks". Gosh, that is a long time, i'm sure I'll find something before that. Mistake number 2.

Checked about 4 other places Tuesday night. The online orders where showing "ships in 4-5 weeks". Enough already, I put in an online order.

Continued my quest this week after work each night by stopping in a few places. Finally went to an Apple Store and stood in line Saturday the 19th only to be told "our deliveries are blind, we don't know whats in a days shipment until it is opened and we got none today."

I'd like to have it sooner rather than later due to some upcoming travels where it would be useful. If that's not in the cards though...oh well. I guess I'll just 'prepare' for its arrival as I've ordered one online. Why set myself up for the daily disappointment of searching when none can be found?

OP
M

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i don't get the ipad tuesday morning i'm just going to give up. I really do want to get it and the worst part is that iv have been so close to getting it, but luck is just not on my side. So i figure first person in line at 4-5am, and the rumor of a large shipment on tuesday, will give me the best chance.

The real thing that pisses me off is the people that stand in line to get 2 ipads then just turn around and sell them for $100 profit on ebay. And they just keep doing that every day.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got up at 3:59am est on Friday the 11th. Ordered ipad2 and smart cover at 4:03am est. Ipad2 will be delivered tomorrow. End of story. :D

OP
M

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got up at 3:59am est on Friday the 11th. Ordered ipad2 and smart cover at 4:03am est. Ipad2 will be delivered tomorrow. End of story. :D

Gratz, post a review in a few days if you can. Would love to hear what you think of it.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stayed up all night on thurs/fri ordered from macmall (because of overnight availability) at 830 est with expected arrival date of 3/14 but now I'm on Hold n backordered indefinitely, due to blind shipments.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My story exactly! Just waiting for the FedEx guy to show up to marry my 32gb white wifi model with my already delivered red smart case. Then the fun begins.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got up Friday march 11th morning ordered my iPad 3G white AT&T at 4:18 am. I will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon at fedex

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got lucky. On the 11th my boss let me leave at 3:30 so I headed to BestBuy and was in line by 4:00 pm. At 4:30 they started down the line handing out tickets for all the models they got, I was about number 80 in line so I wasn't sure if I was sol or not. Luckily I got my black 64GB WIFI model! What was also nice is they set up 3 registers in the front for the 3G models and another 3 registers in the back for wifi models so it sped things up a little and didn't interfere with their other shoppers. The funny thing was some other people would just walk up and get in line without a ticket thinking they were going to get one (this was inside the store as we were waiting to pay for them after all the tickets had been handed out). They were miffed when they got up to the register and the employees were telling them no ticket, no iPad.

This is my first iPad (mainly because I didn't get the idea of it but after using my sisters I realized how convenient it was) so I can't really do a comparison but I'm very happy with it. I do have an iPhone so I was aware of what to expect. Hope that those of you that are waiting get them soon!

funforums5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called an apple store Saturday and they said they had around a dozen iPads for sale Sunday morning. I run by around 7 AM and theres already about 30-40 people in line and turn around back home. I call later and they said they had over 50 iPads in stock, and almost everyone that got there before 9 got one. Now I'm going back this Tuesday and waiting in line this time... Wish me luck

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just remember this tuesday martin, there's 1000x idiots just like you who'd camp out for 12 hours...be early...go for 14 hours...hahah...stores aren't gettin many, as for mass shipments, that's a lie...they're only selling the extras that are made...most go to people who buy from apple, cuz they're already committed...

OP
M

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Luckily my apple store is in a mall that opens at 8am, so there will be no need to camp out in a long line, atleast i hope.

tc8z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wife's birthday was the 19th and I ambitiously got the idea to surprise her with the iPad2 versus the expected Nook Color for her. I got up early release day to order online, 3:47am success, but expected delivery date of 18th-25th. That left me the choice of going out to buy it and wait in line. Got in a line at BB at 3:30 and got out by 5:30. Played with it for a full week (discreetly, even testing out the March Madness app) and at our party on the 19th, surprised her with it. Even wrapped it in B&N packaging and all.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woke up

at normal time on the 11th. Ate a leisurely breakfast. Ordered 64 gig White wifi 3G AT&T at 5:00 AM. It arrived today.

That was easy.

Most reactions