What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

curious about UK shipping times...

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i ordered my ipad2 about 12 mins before the official 1 a.m. online store opening time yesterday morning. i must have been in the first batch of peeps to order.

And from that second i ordered there was a 3-4 week delivery message on the web site. (my own ship date is Apr 15th, with another week or so delivery on top)
Then the site went hey-wire for several hours with tons of orders coming in, and even now, a day and a half later, the site still says 3-4 weeks delivery.

This is different than the American method by the sounds of it.

I thought there'd be a few days delivery for early ordering, then stretch out to a couple of weeks, then 3-4, then 5-6 etc etc as demand and orders flood in. This doesn't seem to be the case.

So far it looks like my order (after 1 min or so of site opening) will get equal preference and time of delivery than an order placed like now or tomorrow or next week.

Some American online orderers reported much different.

I'm not too bothered except for the fact that i waited up late and logged in early and excitedly for an earlier delivery, where as by the looks of it i'd needn't have bothered, everything will be a standard 3-4 weeks. I'm quietly hopeful and confident this time stated wont be nearly as long, but i'm probably wrong :(

anyone have any take on this?

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Apple is applauding themselves on having successfully regulated shipping and productions. I'm hoping that they will remain as such because American times are moving up in shipping time tables. when we were ordering, they were still having to hold our for euro release. Now, I hope it will run smoothly and my 4-5 week shipping will turn back to 2-3, which puts me in week two.

Most reactions

Latest posts