What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a safety precaution/net for all jailbreakers, please install afc2add, OpenSSH and MobileTerminal onto your devices before installing ANY packages through Cydia. With these 3 packages, you can troubleshoot 99% of problems on jailbroken devices, which is especially important if the latest iOS is not jailbreak-able. That way, we can troubleshoot your issue without having to perform a complete restore and lose your jailbreak. The 3 packages take up an extremely negligible amount of space on your device and none of them conflicts or causes any issue to your device, and makes troubleshooting a heck of a lot easier. Optionally, you can manually install Cydia (Mobile) Substrate, which will also install Substrate Safe Mode, which can also be used for troubleshooting quite a few issues. Many tweaks rely on Cydia Substrate, so you may or may not have to install it manually as a package with a Cydia Substrate dependency will automatically download it as well.

Okay, will install these, but what do you think about themes we have purchased int the past? Say bye-bye?

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino HD level 57

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, will install these, but what do you think about themes we have purchased int the past? Say bye-bye?

That would depend on the artists. If the artist updates the same theme for iOS 7 support, then you have no worries. If the developer releases a new/separate theme to replace the old one, you can ask the artist if the credits carry over. Note that this does not apply for all themes. Also note that older themes running on iOS 6 does not automatically become trash when your device is on iOS 7. Icons, and much of the UI are still the same. Widgets will almost guaranteed to be different, but you can essentially recycle parts of the theme for use with iOS 7 once Winterboard fully supports iOS 7.

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you like the iOS 6 look and feel, there's an iOS 6 theme for iOS 7 devices that replaces nearly everything with the iOS 6 UI.

With IOS 7 I am not so turned off by the look (I think). Yea bye bye brown cow!! :p

I am more worried that it will be slower. Also I read that IOS updates are downloaded without user input. -> 16gb :( . I also worry that it will hog more memory :mad:. As of now with IOS 6, I am crashing out of Safari and some apps once a while. I hope it will not get worse on IOS 7.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a safety precaution/net for all jailbreakers, please install afc2add, OpenSSH and MobileTerminal onto your devices before installing ANY packages through Cydia. With these 3 packages, you can troubleshoot 99% of problems on jailbroken devices, which is especially important if the latest iOS is not jailbreak-able. That way, we can troubleshoot your issue without having to perform a complete restore and lose your jailbreak. The 3 packages take up an extremely negligible amount of space on your device and none of them conflicts or causes any issue to your device, and makes troubleshooting a heck of a lot easier.

Optionally, you can manually install Cydia (Mobile) Substrate, which will also install Substrate Safe Mode, which can also be used for troubleshooting quite a few issues. Many tweaks rely on Cydia Substrate, so you may or may not have to install it manually as a package with a Cydia Substrate dependency will automatically download it as well.

Thanks for this.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you do install OpenSSH, please, please, please change your mobile password. It is default set to "alpine." If you don't change it, past history has proven that people can access your iPad and do whatever they wish.

You can find directions for changing it on Cydia (at the main page, scroll down to the line "Root Password How-To”). I use the method that uses Mobile Terminal. It's easy to do and will be one sure way of safeguarding your device.

Just saying...

Marilyn

Last edited:

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you do install OpenSSH, please, please, please change your mobile password. It is default set to "alpine." If you don't change it, past history has proven that people can access your phone and do whatever they wish. You can find directions for changing it on Cydia (at the main page, scroll down to the line "Root Password How-To”). I use the method that uses Mobile Terminal. It's easy to do and will be one sure way of safeguarding your device. Just saying... Marilyn
t
Thx Marilyn.
Mine is my iPad, is it necessary on it?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
t
Thx Marilyn.
Mine is my iPad, is it necessary on it?

This goes for all iOS devices, including the AppleTV. It's a recommended and a must-have safety protocol as root/alpine are the default credentials for each and every iOS device.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This goes for all iOS devices, including the AppleTV. It's a recommended and a must-have safety protocol as root/alpine are the default credentials for each and every iOS device.
Thank you,
I will do it. Do you know of any themes for iOS 7 yet?
Donna

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you do install OpenSSH, please, please, please change your mobile password. It is default set to "alpine." If you don't change it, past history has proven that people can access your iPad and do whatever they wish. You can find directions for changing it on Cydia (at the main page, scroll down to the line "Root Password How-To”). I use the method that uses Mobile Terminal. It's easy to do and will be one sure way of safeguarding your device. Just saying... Marilyn
hello again,
I think I changed it, now how to I verify it, and why do I need the password.
Donna ( have no idea what I am doing)

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me again,
Now my mail is crashing on iPad 2 . Any idea's?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hello again,
I think I changed it, now how to I verify it, and why do I need the password.
Donna ( have no idea what I am doing)

SSH into your device and enter alpine. If it bounces back with an error where your password is invalid, then you've changed your SSH password. If you have no idea what you're doing, then more than likely you haven't changed your SSH password.

Me again,
Now my mail is crashing on iPad 2 . Any idea's?

Install AppInfo from Cydia, export the list of installed tweaks, and paste the list of installed packages here.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anybody knows a jailbreak tweak that gives you a pair windows like feature of samsung?

Thanks.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SSH into your device and enter alpine. If it bounces back with an error where your password is invalid, then you've changed your SSH password. If you have no idea what you're doing, then more than likely you haven't changed your SSH password. Install AppInfo from Cydia, export the list of installed tweaks, and paste the list of installed packages here.
Changed password. Verified in mobile terminal.
I think.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SSH into your device and enter alpine. If it bounces back with an error where your password is invalid, then you've changed your SSH password. If you have no idea what you're doing, then more than likely you haven't changed your SSH password. Install AppInfo from Cydia, export the list of installed tweaks, and paste the list of installed packages here.[/QUOTE
Not sure about app info, scary picture on there

Most reactions

Latest posts