What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The SSL Cydia Patch applies the same changes as the iOS 6.1.6/7.0.6 SSL fix on the stock iOS, just that one is official and one is unofficial. As for affecting future upgrades, if you were to upgrade from 7.0.4/7.0.5 to iOS 7.0.6 or above, the stock iOS by default will have the patching done already. I.E if you were to theoretically upgrade from iOS 7.0.4 to iOS 7.1.3 let's say, you won't have to re-install the SSL patch assuming you can jailbreak 7.1.3 or whatever iOS that you land on, because any changes made to a previous iOS will be carried over to the succeeding iOS. Meaning, since the SSL fix was implemented on iOS 7.0.6, and future iOS following iOS 7.0.6 will also have the fix. They will have it indefinitely until SSL becomes completely obsolete and unused, in which case they'll remove it and replace it with something else (if ever)

Any speculation on whether there will be a patch to address the “triple handshake†crypto bug fixed by iOS 7.11, or is this a bug that was introduced in iOS 7.1 and does not affect anyone with a jailbroken device (since we'd only be at 7.06, tops)?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any speculation on whether there will be a patch to address the “triple handshake” crypto bug fixed by iOS 7.11, or is this a bug that was introduced in iOS 7.1 and does not affect anyone with a jailbroken device (since we'd only be at 7.06, tops)?

Is it possible? Yes. Is one available at the moment? No. We'll probably see one from Ryan Petrich again just like the SSL fix on 7.0.6. It'll take time since as Ryan Petrich took about a week and a half to two weeks before releasing the patch, and since the iOS just came out yesterday and he himself is a busy man, we'll see one eventually, but it's not of an extreme emergency to patch it like the SSL bug was.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pod2g said he is on it. He is definently looking for one.

At WWJC he said he won't be working on it unless all the pieces required finds him by chance, and that would most likely only be for 7.1 and not 7.1.1 unless a new kernel exploit finds him for 7.1.1, since the 7.0-7.0.6 jailbreak's old kernel exploit is patched specifically on 7.1.1 but not on 7.1. Would there be one in the future? Possibly. Would I advise banking on it being jailbroken anytime soon? Not the slightest.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At WWJC he said he won't be working on it unless all the pieces required finds him by chance, and that would most likely only be for 7.1 and not 7.1.1 unless a new kernel exploit finds him for 7.1.1, since the 7.0-7.0.6 jailbreak's old kernel exploit is patched specifically on 7.1.1 but not on 7.1. Would there be one in the future? Possibly. Would I advise banking on it being jailbroken anytime soon? Not the slightest.

I said he was looking for one. Which means he is looking for a way to find an exploit, but not to work on it. At least thats what he said at iDB.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wincom was able to jailbreak his devices thst are in 7.1.1 using a tool called ac1dburn or if I spelled that correctly. I guess there is still hope for iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wincom was able to jailbreak his devices thst are in 7.1.1 using a tool called ac1dburn or if I spelled that correctly. I guess there is still hope for iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak.
The jailbreak community may want to preserve the exploit used for the iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak and are likely to withhold public release of the jailbreak until after the release of an iOS 8 jailbreak in order not to burn an exploit that may be needed for the iOS 8 jailbreak.

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The jailbreak community may want to preserve the exploit used for the iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak and are likely to withhold public release of the jailbreak until after the release of an iOS 8 jailbreak in order not to burn an exploit that may be needed for the iOS 8 jailbreak.

This line of thinking makes a lot of sense. Great thought.
I'd hope too, that iPad2 be included in the release of iOS 8. Recently, large retailers such as Best Buys, Walmart, SamsClub, etc . . only carried iPad Air and 2, not 3 and 4. Many new owners of iPad 2 would be terribly upset if their new jewels would become outdated after a few weeks/months.
Let's keep the fingers crossed of iOS 8 jailbreak, and iOS 8 for iPad 2.:)

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This line of thinking makes a lot of sense. Great thought.
I'd hope too, that iPad2 be included in the release of iOS 8. Recently, large retailers such as Best Buys, Walmart, SamsClub, etc . . only carried iPad Air and 2, not 3 and 4. Many new owners of iPad 2 would be terribly upset if their new jewels would become outdated after a few weeks/months.
Let's keep the fingers crossed of iOS 8 jailbreak, and iOS 8 for iPad 2.:)

The iPad 2 has always runned good with iOS 7 for me I doubt apple won't make it available for iOS 8.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i0n1c's (or whatever his name is) released a new fake jailbreak took.

Willerz was right, he is a troll.

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've searched this thread without success for what an ipad mini is capable of once it has been jailbroken. Anyone able to fill me in or supply a link? Am getting one Monday, June 2nd. It's a gen-1, non-retina, WiFi model. The OS is 7.0.4. Thanks!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've searched this thread without success for what an ipad mini is capable of once it has been jailbroken. Anyone able to fill me in or supply a link? Am getting one Monday, June 2nd. It's a gen-1, non-retina, WiFi model. The OS is 7.0.4. Thanks!

Jailbreaking means being able to run unsigned code, which leads to packages or tweaks that modifies the iOS as well as provides an open system for the user. This alone leads to an extreme wide spectrum of possibilities. Don't like how the icons are so spaced out, sure, you can make it more compact. Don't like the Control Center's setup? Sure you can add or remove features from it. Want to be able to download stuff through Safari or Chrome? You can. Want to be able to root your device so you can manually manage data like that of a computer's OS partition? No problem. Want to change the theme of the UI to your suiting? No problem. Want to add widgets to your lockscreen and homescreen? Easy. And the list goes on.

nypaulie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking means being able to run unsigned code, which leads to packages or tweaks that modifies the iOS as well as provides an open system for the user. This alone leads to an extreme wide spectrum of possibilities. Don't like how the icons are so spaced out, sure, you can make it more compact. Don't like the Control Center's setup? Sure you can add or remove features from it. Want to be able to download stuff through Safari or Chrome? You can. Want to be able to root your device so you can manually manage data like that of a computer's OS partition? No problem. Want to change the theme of the UI to your suiting? No problem. Want to add widgets to your lockscreen and homescreen? Easy. And the list goes on.
Sweet! I am particularly interested in data management having used "root explorer" via USB hookup. Is there an app similar to this for me? I am guessing based on what I've been reading that "Cydia" is my doorway to these goodies. Yes?

Most reactions

Latest posts