What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

Hugedukefan4life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone my names Steven I'm new to this board I got a iPad for Christmas. I love it for the most part except I don't like the auto check thing I type something and it puts something different then what I write. Wish I could find out how too turn it off. My hobbies are getting on the Internet watching sports and lots more.

djanjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Dan and I'm a new Ipad user (have just received my Ipad 2 last week). Originally it was mostly to read eBooks and surf the net but quickly realised how addictive it is and use it all the time for many other things.
I found this forum while looking for a solution to protect the back of the ipad 2 which would work with the smart cover. People here are helpful and share a lot of great ideas.

abranil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scoobaru said:
Hi everyone, just purchased ipad2. Took awhile to get them into Ireland but the wait was worth it. Very sexy bit of kit this... New to apple,always have been a windows man. Change is good,right! Anyway good to be onboard and look forward to discussing the iPad with you all, whenever I can,two little kids keep me pretty occupied! Cheers.

Eamonn

Hi everyone, my name is nail an i too have just joined the gang1 totally new but hooked. All help is welcome. To begin what does the nos 1'2 etc next to an application mean? Thanks
anil

Henning334

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The numbers are "notifications", it tells you how many unread messages etc. You have from that app :)

yeye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I got a new ipad and I'm interested in knowing all about it. Hope we can be of help to each other.

djanjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone my names Steven I'm new to this board I got a iPad for Christmas. I love it for the most part except I don't like the auto check thing I type something and it puts something different then what I write. Wish I could find out how too turn it off. My hobbies are getting on the Internet watching sports and lots more.

Hi Steven, click on SETTINGS then select "Keyboard" and set the Auto-Correction to OFF.

KOKsakto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Im from Philippines. Hoping to learn new things :)

ipad
iphone 3gs 16gb
iphone 4 16gb
Macbook pro 13" uni

kimbodious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day from FNQ Australia!

G'day iPad fans,

You can find me at Mission Beach in tropical far northern Queensland, Australia. If that place sounds familiar, its because we made the news in February as the place where Cat 5 Cyclone Yasi made landfall. Yikes!

We hung out waiting for i.2 to come be released hoping that there were cameras. We registered to receive email as soon as the i.2 was available in Australia and immediately ordered one.

Biggest surprise for me was how easy and natural feeling it is to read books on the i.2 If people are going to sit around reading books on these things, then I could see we'd need two i.2's in the family so have ordered another one.

My wife is a performer, solo musician and also as a member of a vocal trio. We have installed app Songbook Chordpro for managing her songsheets for the solo work. We'll be using Garageband to master and tweak the midi backing tracks for the trio-work and use iTunes for playing the actual backing tracks. Contact me if you'd like to learn how we chain the iTunes output to our PA for the best sound.

Oh yeah and that cyclone tore the roof off our house and we took a bit hit from water damage. We threw out an estimated 400 books that were destroyed by the water. Now we have the i.2 with iBooks you can be sure that we'll be replacing the books with ebooks!

cheers ... kimbo

mtsant21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm Michael from Athens / Greece. My greetings to the apple iPad users family!

Tahjman1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey just got the IPAD2 for my anniversary, and I have a IPHONE 4, so I'm trying to see what I can do with all these idevices.

Tahjman from BKm

Axis360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi from Colorado

Just coming here as I can always learn more and maybe help a little too. I have the iPad and have had it since the beginning. Maybe the 4th day they where on sale, as I remember.
Love it and have to say I use my laptop so much less as iPad just is easy to tote, battery life is great and the apps are making it so much more powerful almost dally. :)

Avog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody I am a new iPad owner from greece!!!
Glad to meet you!

Most reactions

Latest posts