What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

Mini1day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad noob!

Hello all. In an effort to get this forum admin off my back for introducing myself, cause I've been on this forum for over 2 months nows and I keep getting a "introduce yourself" email.
So, hello. Got the latest and greatest "isalte" the iPad 1!!!!! Got it the first day. It's not even a year yet, and boom the iPad 2 is out. I feel like a noob!
Inventory:
17 inch macbook pro (me)
1tb timecapsule
Apple TV
1 iPod (U2 4th gen)
1 iTouch (1st gen)
1 iShuffle
15 inch macbook pro (daughter 1)
13 inch macbook pro (dauchter 2)
iPad (1st gen!)

In between all those machines, the wife manages to use the one I want!

Cheers from Eastern Canada!

kelleym3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

I am new to the forum, but not iPad. I have had my 1st Gen iPad since the beginning and am very pleased. I hope I can learn more on what the iPad can do and will wait for the iPad G4 to come before I upgrade.

Trent McNair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.myfirstorganics.com
Hi

I was just gifted a nice sum so that I can run down and purchase an iPad. One of my clients knows that we are introducing our book as an ePub in the iBookstore, so they felt it was absolutely necessary that I have an iPad.

So here I am!

shoppingtrolley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day

I've joined the forum to learn more about the iPad2... my husband has promised me one for my birthday (but he didn't think to put a pre-order in did he). Oh well. I resisted the first version as I've been really happy with my iPhone and wasn't sure how and how much I would use the iPad. However after straining my back carting my laptop around uni (I may be 40+ but I'm back studying again) I came up with a very good reason for one. Have been awaiting the new version eagerly. Will have to wait a bit longer it seems.

wokan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm first time user of Ipad2 and just got my Ipad2 today 29th Apr (Malaysia) is the launch day.
Just learn the existance of this forum via Facebook and look forward to learn and share Ipad experience with all of you.

My Ipad2 is 32GB Wifi Black model.

Frenchroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings everyone, Frenchroll here, proud owner of the ipad's 1&2 64gb wifi+3g. I stumbled across this site looking for answers to questions about cck compatibilties and learned a few more things in the process. I think i'm pretty ipad savvy at this point and I'm here to help just as much as i'm here to gain knowledge!

Liberlike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I received my ipad2 wifi/3G 64GB. I had kept it on for about 2 hours and when I came back I found my wifi signal had disappeared. While searching for a solution in google I came across your site. The solution just worked for me. Thanks Tim! And immediately I joined your forum. Lot of things to learn.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an Ipad new user trying to learn more about my ipad before deciding its a waste of time . :confused:

You'll find it's the greatest thing you've ever purchased. Soon you'll wonder how you ever managed without it. Give it a little time; it's not a laptop, so don't expect it to replace or imitate your PC/Mac or laptop. It's better at doing some things and worse at others. Focus on the things it does better - much better - and have fun.

Tim

akintomide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
carolinaipadmom said:
I am an Ipad new user trying to learn more about my ipad before deciding its a waste of time . :confused:

Is it ipad 2? Since I got my first iPad 1, I have found it the most interesting and versatile tool ever made. You will say the same in the next one month. By the way, keep coming to this forum and see what the experienced ones have done with their iPad. If what you have is the iPad 2 then you are very lucky.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

havie.lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I am waiting for my first i-pad 2 (64 GB,wifi/3G) to arrive... Acknowledgement says it should be May 14th. I've had an i-phone since they first came out - and got a MacBook Pro last year. I was a PC user (business reasons) until I retired. I'm still learning my way around the MacBook Pro. I'm hoping to pick up some newbie tips and identify some great apps from this forum!

I have two Havanese (hence the screen name...) that rule our house! We are empty nesters - so I guess they are our "substitute children"! DH is also getting an i-pad. He wants to watch videos (on airplanes) read newspapers, maybe do some puzzles. He's not interested in games (so far....) even though he has played Angry Birds on my iphone!

Sargeantschultz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Down here in 'Oz, we've been hanging out like everyone else waiting for the new iPad 2's to arrive. After weeks of drip feeding - they're starting to become more widely available. Having been a PC user since forever, I'd seen a few guys at work actually using their iPad's for stuff other than simply watching movies and listening to music. This has intrigued me so much that I'm now trying it out for myself.

So far, I'd say that the device is pretty intuitive to use, although it takes a little getting used to ... and the absolute plethora of available apps simply blows my mind. I've paid for some and am using some of the freebies and so far, I'd have to say I'm pretty impressed.

I might post some reviews of what I am using when I get a little more proficient ... I know that reading other people's reviews helped me a lot when deciding for myself, what to get.

Most reactions

Latest posts