What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
loopingstar said:
Hi from Twickenham in the UK :)
I just grabbed myself a first gen iPad 16GB Wi Fi model at the weekend , largely because of the £ 100 price reduction . While I would have liked the extra specs of the iPad 2 , it was still sadly beyond my price range - and as I already own a 4th gen iPod Touch I probably wouldn't miss the camera anyway . Really impressed with my Pad so far - Garageband is amazing , and I'm enjoying playing many of my ipod touch games on the bigger screen.

Looking forward to becoming part of what sems to be a great iPad forum community .

Kev

Hi there loopingstar, I used to live just down the road from Twickenham, within sight of the rugby ground......great days! I'm sure you'll love your iPad and this great forum.

The Archangel

Reaction score

ordered ipad 2 32gb wifi with at&t on 3 11 due to ship 4-1
I work as a secretary at a church in my town . This will be my first I Pad:)

Last edited:

bachma0507

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad 3G last Friday same day as launch of iPad 2. Settled for iPad first gen since the iPad 2 line was way too long for me to wait... and I needed it quickly. I'm using my iPad as an IT support tool when I am on the road or at home because of its portability and convenience. I can VPN in and remotely log into my servers, workstations, routers, firewall appliances and everything else my job requires, as well as share files, print and view, edit Word and Excel files. Initially, when the iPad came out last year, I was very skeptical about its use in IT. A year later, I'm sold!

Sonyamac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. New here from Ottawa, Canada. I need some help what word processing application would people recommend? Are there ant free ones.? Also having problems trying to post a question in the forum??
Thanks.

Sonyamac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. New here from Ottawa, Canada. I need some help what word processing application would people recommend? Are there ant free ones.? Also having problems trying to post a question in the forum??
Thanks.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my gift to you --

baby-toes-400jd080509.jpg

Poodlecrazy4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to Ipad. Have all Apple computers. Ordered mine 3/11 at 8:30est, 64gb 3g/wire
on Verizon. Still says delivery on 4/8. I hope that changes. Didn't get ipad 1 cause Iknew that there would be an upgrade & I'd be sorry. I plan to use it instead of my laptop most of the time.

Peter_O

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Peter from UK here. I was given an iPad a few weeks back and asked to use it.... Not being an iPad/iPhone fan I think my colleagues decided that if I could work with it, anyone can. Set myself two objectives, first to stop printing meeting papers and second, to stop writing in my consultants day book. I'm still not a huge fan, but I've achieved the first objective and haven't had to write in my day book for a couple of weeks now. I'm warming to it. :)

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to the iPad. My iPad 2 (64GB w/3G verizon / black), should be delivered on 3/22. I work in high-tech sales and I intend to use the iPad to carry documents, specifications, presentations, etc., for meetings.

I will also use it for my hobbies - cooking, writing, gardening, historic preservation, genealogy. I think it would be great for storing recipes, charts, articles and research of interest. Right now, I am doing that with a combo of laptop, Kindle, iTouch using Dropbox and Evernote. I'm hoping the iPad can unify and simplfiy these activities.

Betty in NJ

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts