What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

cjp_240

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a an artist, writer, photographer, and retired art teacher. I usually use Photoshop and Topaz on my Mac to create art from my own photos. I already have a Kindle Fire which usually meets my needs for playing games, checking email, watching Netflix movies when I'm not home, but we will be taking several trips outside of the U.S. over the next few years and I wanted something small & light with some good artistic apps to use when traveling. I can use it for other things, but my Kindle works fine for just about everything else. So I purchased the mini iPad 2 ---not the latest version. Although the price at Target was about the same as Apple was offering, it came with an $80 Target card on Black Fri Weekend, so I thought it was a good deal.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a an artist, writer, photographer, and retired art teacher. I usually use Photoshop and Topaz on my Mac to create art from my own photos. I already have a Kindle Fire which usually meets my needs for playing games, checking email, watching Netflix movies when I'm not home, but we will be taking several trips outside of the U.S. over the next few years and I wanted something small & light with some good artistic apps to use when traveling. I can use it for other things, but my Kindle works fine for just about everything else. So I purchased the mini iPad 2 ---not the latest version. Although the price at Target was about the same as Apple was offering, it came with an $80 Target card on Black Fri Weekend, so I thought it was a good deal.
Welcome to iPad Forums, cjp_240!

geostar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am new user to this site, unable to find the new thread icon so writing here. I work in Oil and Gas Industry. Just got Ipad Air, which Is my first apple product. I am an android user and new to apple. I have some queries, so first one is I am unable to launch itunes store from my ipad. When I click itunes store icon it says open itunes U apps and when I click on that it says cannot connect to apple store. I have apple id and I have downloaded alot apps from app store but why can't I access itunes?

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another new user here with a new iPad Air 2 that I bought just last week. I've used an iPhone of various models at work for years so I'm fairly familiar with how most things work but there's still a learning curve with the iPad.

I bought this iPad Air 2 because my old ASUS laptop started dying and just didn't want to get another laptop. In the price range of this iPad it's tough to get a decent quality laptop that got good enough reviews so, iPad it is.

I actually tried to get by with my iPhone 6+ for a couple of weeks but it's a little small for serious use for me. My wife has an older Kindle Fire and I tried to like that but the web browser, Silk I believe, was miserable.

Anyway, I'll be reading plenty on apps and such and I also promise to search before asking. Cheers!

Ednacate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "New Thread" button which looks like this:

We've made the above links automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

Tell us a bit about yourself, for example:

• Why are you interested in the iPad?
    • What are your hobbies?
    • What other gadgets are you using?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!
I can't

Ednacate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "New Thread" button which looks like this:

We've made the above links automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

Tell us a bit about yourself, for example:

• Why are you interested in the iPad?
    • What are your hobbies?
    • What other gadgets are you using?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!

Ednacate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to start a new thread to introduce myself, but when I type in a thread, it won't be accepted. I don't know how to proceed from here.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

dlwei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I have had IPad gen 3 since March 2012. Also have iPhone and Dell Windows 7 laptop. Have had no problems using iPad, iCloud, interface with laptop, etc. Only problem was battery died a year ago. Sent iPad back for repairs. AOK since. Got on forum today because a few days ago IPad started freezing EVERY time I swipe right to left at middle of 7 pages. Reboot hasn't helped so I thought I'd look to forum for help

Most reactions

Latest posts