What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

GeeKevin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Kevin, I'm a proud owner of a mini iPad and an iPhone 4s, but also a proud owner of my two cool pet rats :)

Richard Orenus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! Started my own website on reviews about mobile applications and other trends. Will hagin' around this site to get share ideas through forums and discussions. Well, that's it for now! Happy weekend everyone!

timm276

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Hi I'm Tim, I own a iPad and the iPhone 6, married 4 grown kids, and 5 grandchildren. I'm always messing with all the settings on my iPhone and iPad and always interested in any tips you guys give me.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and a warm welcome to:
Dale,
olivier
Kevin,
Richard,
lili
Tim
You've joined one of the best electronic tablet forums in the world. Well, I reckon actually the best!:) Enjoy this forum, share your thoughts with us. Any problems? Tap them out! A great bunch of iPad enthusiasts here who will be happy to advise you. Nice to have y'all aboard:)
Andrew

Reaction score
Hi im an owner of a 4 4s 5 5s ipad 2 and ipad air
Now im having problems with my ipad 2 since i upgraded it to ios8 it seams to be getting slower everyday does anybody had the same problem like mine? And does anybody have some remedies or something? Thanks in advance
Me here in japan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi im an owner of a 4 4s 5 5s ipad 2 and ipad air
Now im having problems with my ipad 2 since i upgraded it to ios8 it seams to be getting slower everyday does anybody had the same problem like mine? And does anybody have some remedies or something? Thanks in advance
Me here in japan

Hi, welcome to iPF!

If you updated the iPad over the air (using Wi-Fi only, restore it using iTunes.

Make sure iTunes on your computer is up to date, connect your iPad to it, select your device and restore it.

After restoring, reset it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, let go of both and let it power up.

Reaction score
Nope it updated it self over the cable which it was my mistake and it is my only copy right now for all my musics used on djing so thats my other problem so get all the mp3 files to my imac again then was planning to downgrade it or something back to the old ios

waern.trevor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi, I'm Trevor.

Currently own an iPhone 5c ; as well as an iPad mini . Just getting used to these devices, coming from always owning android devices. I am from Northern Ontario, Canada

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Trevor, welcome to iPad Forums! If you have any problems or questions, we're here to help.

Islandantoinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had an iPad for two years because of failing eyesight. However, I'm having numerous issues with my iPad including not being able to download the book I was advised to ! I'm hoping to connect with people who might be able to help.
I'm struggling to do searches and reading with my eyesight not being so great so bare with me as I struggle along. I hope I do things right!
Aloha Cartha58 we are both together in this. I can do about 20 min before pain in the eyes. So it would help if I knew how to use the iPad too. It will help me knowing someone else is in the same boat as me.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aloha Cartha58 we are both together in this. I can do about 20 min before pain in the eyes. So it would help if I knew how to use the iPad too. It will help me knowing someone else is in the same boat as me.
If you go to this site, you can get PDF, online, and iBooks versions of the iPad user guide. http://support.apple.com/manuals/

Islandantoinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will iBooks users guide for 8.1 operating system allow me to listen to the book? What is it I have to do to make this work? So that you have the book read through the iPad using speaker ear buds.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Will iBooks users guide for 8.1 operating system allow me to listen to the book? What is it I have to do to make this work? So that you have the book read through the iPad using speaker ear buds.

The iBooks version of the manual can be made to speak, sort of. You can select text then tell it to speak it. You can also turn on the Voice Over features in Settings > General > Accessibility. It's kind of clunky, but it's possible to navigate the iPad blind using this interface.

Another accessibility feature you might try is the Zoom feature, which lets you zoom in and scroll around the screen, any screen in any app.

But probably the biggest reason to get the iPad version of the iPad User Guide for iOS 8 is that you can increase the font size. It can go 'way' up, to almost an inch hight for the caps. Hard to read that way, of course, since you only get parts of sentences per screen.

TabletCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1st of all, while it's 1:30 am in Dallas and as a former moderator that's when spammers from the 4th world post about Forex and other nonsense, I'm not doing that.

I've been using Windows for 20+ years and over the past year, my personal computing devices have tried Linux, Android, Apple. I'm at the bifocal age, so a 7-inch tablet is not ideal. So I got a refurbished iPad 3 (retina quality) with 32 GB. My primary uses is as a large e-reader (leaning towards Adobe Reader, but open to other suggestions), and checking out email in WiFi hotspots. I'm in IT - Business Intelligence, also known as Business Analytics, so reading ebooks with embedded images matters a lot, meaning I need at least 1920x1024 resolution (about half retina quality), and a screen of 7 inches, but preferably 10 inches.

Retina quality is why I got the iPad 3. My biggest adjustment may be transferring files from my laptop (Windows 7) - still figuring that out. It may be heresy to say I'm a big Chrome user, but not going back to Internet Explorer unless it's work related.

Avitar is my late great boss cat, an "iManx" doing his MGM roar...next to me is his successor that closely resembles him.

Most reactions