What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum's New look...seems to crash on PC

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
on my mbp this morning and had to log in again,ticked "remember me"again,text looks bigger now,easy to read,i like the "my posts" in forum,is that new?

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think its too bright, especially for late browsing.
the background.....only if it could detect night-time, and dim a bit(darker background).

a work around.....
did this on iOS a few times, enjoy it. White on Black.

Mac - Press the Control-Option-Command-8 key combination.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to see the 'wasted space' at the top of each page reduced; on the iPad there are only a few posts displayed before you scroll because of all that needless space. Some of those buttons could be relocated or merged into the same menu line.

Tim

Elliern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my PC seems more difficult to read, font smaller? Lighter? Not sure. Also, lots of wasted space between replies. Going to see what it looks like on my iPad now. I did have to log in of course. No crashes, so that is a good thing. Will take getting used to.
Anyone know why the change? Just curious.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my PC seems more difficult to read, font smaller? Lighter? Not sure. Also, lots of wasted space between replies. Going to see what it looks like on my iPad now. I did have to log in of course. No crashes, so that is a good thing. Will take getting used to.
Anyone know why the change? Just curious.
The developers are still working hard to address the various issues and recommendations. We really appreciate the feedback!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i re-did the forum, hope you like it...

ScreenShot2011-09-24at121148PM.png

i never attached a thumbnail, how did that end up at the bottom?..it must have auto added it!!!!!
i have tried to edit and get rid of it and can't find the option to.

edit: managed to get rid of thumbnail, still need to figure out, how to get it to not auto add an attachment anymore.

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finding it a bit cumbersome to return to the same forum when I reach the end of a thread. I would have thought that clicking on the "Quick Navigation" dropdown would return me to that same forum. It doesn't. OMG I hope I don't have to learn something new, but I'll cope with it if there's another approach.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finding it a bit cumbersome to return to the same forum when I reach the end of a thread. I would have thought that clicking on the "Quick Navigation" dropdown would return me to that same forum. It doesn't. OMG I hope I don't have to learn something new, but I'll cope with it if there's another approach.
I agree, having a link "Current Forum" or something of that nature in the Quick Navigation menu would be quite useful...I'll suggest it to the Admins.

In the meantime there's a link to whatever forum you're in at the top of each page. If you're at the bottom of a page you can click on "Top" to move to the top of a page:

2u639td.png

Or of course you can always scroll back to the top.

The link to the current forum at the top of each page looks like this:

312k5yf.png

Hope that helps and thanks for the suggestion!

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are going to add a lower navigation breadcrumb that will allow you to click back to the forum much faster. Give us a bit of time there.

Most reactions

Latest posts