What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would it take to get you to buy an iPad 3?

What would get you to buy an iPad 3?

• Better camera

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • More storage

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Lighter weight or smaller size

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Better screen

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 58 46.0%

• Total voters

steevehives

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SIRI for sure. Brighter screen, solar panels along side of screen to help keep charge or panels on back to do same. Apple connection on side as well as bottom.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maverickguo said:
I could not imagine what could make it more desirable. Maybe a 12mp camera though it's not important since I dun really use the iPad camera. How about Siri? Or maybe a sharper and better LCD screen!

By the way I am currently using the iPad wifi only model as I hardly brings my iPad out. Even if I do so, there free WIFI almost everywhere here in Singapore. Thus 4G or not it's not important.

No chance of 12mp on iPad 3!

Siri will be in on the iPad 3 as iPad 2's microphone would not deliver a great Siri experience

craftypepper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better cameras, Siri, Retina display, faster processor...that's all I'd want. A 128 GB version or SD card slot would also be pretty irresistible. I like to keep a lot of movies and TV shows and my 32 GB is nowhere near enough.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All of the above! Any upgrade from my iPad 1 would be excellent. Don't worry about my iPad 1 it's got a home booked if I get iPad 3. Hubby and kids would steal it from me if they could.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iLloyd said:
A heating device so it will replace my hot water bottle.

Too funny !!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 using iPF

john9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3 Thread

What is everyone expecting/hoping for?
I'd say an announcement Feb/March with
release March/April anyone agree?
Do you think we'll get a redesign?
Any
software changes?
Maybe Siri on iPad 3?

Feel free to discuss whatever
about the iPad 3
Now that the iPhone 4S is out, the iPad 3 Rumor Mill can be
at full speed!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Retina display and hopefully 1GB RAM. Not sure if much else will change, I would buy it for these two reasons alone without a CPU bump.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No redesign I reckon, I don't want it any thinner!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I answered Other as an alternative to Nothing... I wouldn't buy the iPad 3 unless it woke me up with a hot cup of tea in the morning, drove the kids to school, did my housework, cooked dinner... you get the picture? :D

I love my iPad just the way it is... I hope it lasts me some time!

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought getting my iPhone 4S would damper my desire for the iPad 3. Nope. It makes me more anxious to upgrade from my iPad 1. I want Siri on this thing. I must admit that iOS 5 has given it more life so I can hang on until next Spring.

Johnnipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Improved videoconferencing.
2. Higher resolution.
3. Easier-to-grip design.
4. Quad core.

Shinereed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like the controls on the sides to better and have more grip. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if you turned on sound or turned it up. controls are too small. Also, I hate the new IPAD Message system. In addition I want to see the screen look better. I'd love to see some 3d functionality built in. How about IPAD 3G WIFI 3D ???

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't really care about a better camera, since I really can't see using the iPad regularly to take photos. Better screen resolution would be nice, but is not essential, especially if it increased the price. Siri functionality would be interesting.

Other than that, I would want to see what improvements and features were offered in an iPad 3.

Most reactions

Latest posts