What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would it take to get you to buy an iPad 3?

What would get you to buy an iPad 3?

• Better camera

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • More storage

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Lighter weight or smaller size

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Better screen

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 58 46.0%

• Total voters

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Retina display, SD and USB card reader, iPhone 4 (or better) cameras, both with photon streams (didn't want to confuse anybody by using the F-word), all without sacrificing battery life.

I have to agree with this. I have a first generation iPad so it probably wont take much for me to upgrade, but I really want Retina Display and a USB card reader the most. Better cameras are most likely going to be included, and a SD card reader would be nice, but not needed for me. I just don't see how they can include all of this without sacrificing battery life. :( Knowing Apple though, I'm sure they'll find a way! :)

<3Olivia Sent from my iPad

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad 3 came with cellphone capability, I would go for it. I just can't get past having to pay for two data plans (iPhone and iPad).

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

perpulhaiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LorenDeShon said:
All it would take for me to buy an iPad 3 would be it being offered for sale.

Exactly! I only recently got my iPad 2 and just went with a 16gb. Plan is to sell this one and go with a larger size iPad 3 when it comes out.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
@perpulhaiz...iPad 3 will be larger how? Screen or processor? Do tell.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

I think he means more memory for his next iPad! I doubt Apple will increase the size.

I'm going for a LESS memory when I upgrade. This 64 GB is excessive. 32GB will be more than enough for me.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
@perpulhaiz...iPad 3 will be larger how? Screen or processor? Do tell.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

I think he means more memory for his next iPad! I doubt Apple will increase the size.

Agreed, though a big-screen iPad would be hilarious.

perpulhaiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beryl said:

I'm going for a LESS memory when I upgrade. This 64 GB is excessive. 32GB will be more than enough for me.

Yep. Thats what I meant. 32 gb will probably be what I go with as well.

Fuzy_gsxr1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad!!! Now since I only bought wifi a neat trick is if I can figure how to enable a android app hotspot without giving Verizon more money!!! They told me if I upgraded my data plan I can acess the Internet using my Droid but I'm not sure what battery I'll drain first!!.,

Last edited:

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fuzy_gsxr1000 said:
They told me if I upgraded my data plan I can acess the Internet using my Droid but I'm not sure what battery I'll drain first!!.,
That is a problem. I'm still using my Palm Pre for a hotspot because it is the only phone where the hotspot is free. One battery lasts about 2.5 hours with active use so I usually take a spare battery with me. (It also causes the phone and battery to overheat but that is a different problem.)

Verizon and I will be parting ways unless another deal (like the Palm Pre hotspot) surfaces before the iPhone 5 arrives at Sprint. I'll probably get a myfi for a personal hotspot at that time. It just doesn't make sense to pay $30 extra monthly to make a cellphone hotspot where Myfi can be had for about the same price with more data.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tmobile and I get free 4G hotspot with my g2x it's a new phone duel core android with gingerbread iOS

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

charli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would take:

I use my iPad almost exclusively
It would take
.trade in on my iPad 2
. Allow "flash" to work with Safari

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Front and back screens.
2x 14mp cameras with a proper flash
SD slot
320gb hardrive
CD Drive
Cassette player
4 home buttons (top, bottom, left & right)
1080p HD
Bottle opener
Apple peeler & de-pip function.
10million candle power torch.
Solar powered
Built in A4 size printer
1000w sub & amplifier
Water cooled.
Retractable knife, fork & spoon.
Built in tri-pod
Laser projected keyboard
And most importantly.. An automatic parachute that deploys if device is dropped.

Basically the swiss army knife of iPads.

But if ALL of these cant be implemented into the iPad 3 i'm just guna stick with my iPad 1.

Most reactions

Latest posts