What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would it take to get you to buy an iPad 3?

What would get you to buy an iPad 3?

• Better camera

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • More storage

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Lighter weight or smaller size

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Better screen

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 58 46.0%

• Total voters

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iLloyd said:
Front and back screens.
2x 14mp cameras with a proper flash
SD slot
320gb hardrive
CD Drive
Cassette player
4 home buttons (top, bottom, left & right)
1080p HD
Bottle opener
Apple peeler & de-pip function.
10million candle power torch.
Solar powered
Built in A4 size printer
1000w sub & amplifier
Water cooled.
Retractable knife, fork & spoon.
Built in tri-pod
Laser projected keyboard
And most importantly.. An automatic parachute that deploys if device is dropped.

Basically the swiss army knife of iPads.

But if ALL of these cant be implemented into the iPad 3 i'm just guna stick with my iPad 1.

Lmao. Very imaginative.
I waited for the iPad 2 hoping it would have a USB drive. No such luck. But short of winning the lotto I can't see me going for the 3, maybe the 4

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think he means more memory for his next iPad! I doubt Apple will increase the size.

I'm going for a LESS memory when I upgrade. This 64 GB is excessive. 32GB will be more than enough for me.

The strange thing is that 32GB is barely enough for me. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I subscribe to a number of magazines with iPad versions, for example. And where in the past, I would save the physical copies, I find that I throw away the physical copies and keep the iPad version. And while I could delete the iPad version and download it again later, I prefer to archive issues on my iPad.

I also keep a number of tv show episodes and movies on my iPad. Even though I could move some of this to my desktop or laptop, syncing processes are too slow to me. Maybe if more PCs, and iPads, supported Thunderbolt or USB3.0

Meanwhile, my next iPad will likely be a 64GB model.

carols

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No decisions since it breaks out. I will look and see what new features we can get till that day.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, my iPad has sentimental value as it was inscribed for me for my birthday ;). Besides, do you think it will be that different than what we have now. Might be 4G though. Who cares, the 3G doesn't work very well in my apt so I won't need to switch. Does anyone know what the specs are for iPad 3??

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Retina display, SD and USB card reader, iPhone 4 (or better) cameras, both with photon streams (didn't want to confuse anybody by using the F-word), all without sacrificing battery life.

The USB would be nice. Also, ability to upload docs would be WONDERFUL!!!!

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad using iPF

Maverickguo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not imagine what could make it more desirable. Maybe a 12mp camera though it's not important since I dun really use the iPad camera. How about Siri? Or maybe a sharper and better LCD screen!

By the way I am currently using the iPad wifi only model as I hardly brings my iPad out. Even if I do so, there free WIFI almost everywhere here in Singapore. Thus 4G or not it's not important.

slolane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tent to upgrade Apple devices every other model... iPhone 3GS to 4S, etc. I have the iPad 1 and with the iCloud syncing of stuff I don't really need the camera and all... so it would have to be something that surprised me I guess but for now I'm loving my setup... just need a new MacBook to replace my desktop and laptop. :)

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Honestly, the exterior design. I did not like how the ipad2 felt in my hands, which is why I didn't upgrade. But if they include a quad core, hd display, and better cams, that'd be enough for me to overlook the design.

dotcompals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. A design by which we can fold the iPad into 2 so that we can keep it inside our pockets .
2. Better camera
3. Detachable keyboard
4. Call / text facilities
5. .... Please add more to the list ..l

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A heating device so it will replace my hot water bottle.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing that I can see right now, really. The iPad 2 does the job. I will probably change my mind in 5 years.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They would need to give me a better camera, and for a cheaper price for the 32GB model.

Most reactions

Latest posts