What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are using your iPad for that you didn't expect?

What are you using your iPad for that you DID NOT expect to use it for?

• Streaming/Watching Video

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Listening to Music

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Reading eBooks

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Browsing the Web

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Social Networking (Twitter/Facebook/etc.)

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Something completely different (Post below)

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thanagar Hawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for so many things it would be impossible to list them all, but using SqueezePad to listen to music, finding places to eat using maps while traveling and having a guaranteed conversation starter would be my top choices.
When I bought it I thought it might be useful - with several hours use (minimum) every day it is indispensable.

bwwhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two uses I did not anticipate:

1) A remote control and Guide browser for DirecTV
2) Hook up bass pedal, headphones, and bass and use Amazing Slow Downer to learn songs on my bass. All without disturbing anyone else. I even rip bass lesson DVDs to my computer and load them on the iPad to listen, watch, and play along.

Bruce

RSDean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got mine, in May 2011, I expected that I was going to play music (etc.) and read books, and generally use it as a travel computer for personal use. The one big use I've come up with that I did't expect was photo support. I've been taking it to my son's sports events, downloading the camera's memory card, editing during downtimes, and emailing shots to other parents as we go along. If I had known that, it would have made a good case for getting the 64 gb version instead of the 32, since pictures by the thousand fill up the memory fairly quickly.

hankmt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the slide viewer idea. thanks. I was looking for that.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using it pretty much as expected. However, I recently decided to develop applications for the iPad and iPhone. I didn't expect to do that when I bought my iPad 6 months ago!

MegiPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a big list. GPS, Maps, Sims, I think you can play Poptropica not sure, and that's basically it, Apple is very smart so I expect A LOT OF THINGS from Apple.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Better than watching news on the tv.
Emails,googling ,reading in bed .
Movies on plane while travelling
Photo editing and sharing via email
Keeping grand children busy,
Recipes,Callander ,appointments,
As I am writing it the list just keeps on going........
Weather forecasts ,library borrowing,......

Trish634

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using it in place of making Xerox copies when I do my research for graduate studies in History. I just take a picture of the page I'm using. so much nicer and cheaper too!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I get daily reports of all of my pending orders. I use them to plan my workload for up to three weeks in advance. Customer service has improved dramatically as a result.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

stindea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I didn't expect from my iPad: My own customized in-flight entertainment (catching up on saved podcasts, watching movies, etc.), allowing my Grand-kids to watch selected children programs on my IPad while I watch my own selections on the "big TV", managing recipes, listening to audio books on-the-go ... just to name a few.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One thing I never thought would be as good on the iPad is being able to play my guitar and actually record a decent quality track. I've used computer amp simulators that sounded OK but on the ipad it sounds pretty close to real. Living in an apartment I can't really play my tube amps since they would knock the neighbors out of their beds! With my ipad & the iRig adapter & various amp simulators I can get a decent practice in without disturbing the neighbors.

Most reactions

Latest posts