What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would it take to get you to buy an iPad 3?

What would get you to buy an iPad 3?

• Better camera

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • More storage

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Lighter weight or smaller size

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • Better screen

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other

Votes: 58 46.0%

• Total voters

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nothing. I get a lot out if my iPad 2. Maybe I'll pick up the 4 or 5.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll stick with my iPad 2. I'm more than satisfied. Only thing I would have changed is to have gone with more than 16Gb.

As my next Apple purchase will be some flavor of MacBook, even this won't be a limiting factor for long as I'll end up dumping all of my music and videos on there. So far as the crummy camera on the iPad is concerned, I just ignore it and use the one on the iPhone.

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shinereed said:
I'd like the controls on the sides to better and have more grip. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if you turned on sound or turned it up. controls are too small. Also, I hate the new IPAD Message system. In addition I want to see the screen look better. I'd love to see some 3d functionality built in. How about IPAD 3G WIFI 3D ???

3d not happening. There is no serious market for 3d.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jncbankston said:
3d not happening. There is no serious market for 3d.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

Agreed! 3D TV's havent even taken off properly

Shinereed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
singlestick said:
Don't really care about a better camera, since I really can't see using the iPad regularly to take photos. Better screen resolution would be nice, but is not essential, especially if it increased the price. Siri functionality would be interesting.

Other than that, I would want to see what improvements and features were offered in an iPad 3.

I would like a better camera for FaceTime and GPS not really for taking pictures because you are correct it would be difficult to use for taking pics :)

kraemder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they added flash support for ipad3 (but not ipad2) then upgrading would be a nobrainer. Otherwise I don't think anything would make me upgrade. Unless it were so much more powerful that new apps would only run on it and not on my iPad2. I'm happy with my ipad2.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMO:

Most iPad 2 owners won't upgrade to the iPad 3. Apple is looking for iPad 1 owners and brand new customers. Most early adopters did not upgrade to the iPad 2.

I am so ready. My iPad 1, though still better than no iPad, is showing its age. iOS 5 and newer/upgraded apps run much slower than the original code.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beryl said:
IMO:

Most iPad 2 owners won't upgrade to the iPad 3. Apple is looking for iPad 1 owners and brand new customers. Most early adopters did not upgrade to the iPad 2.

I am so ready. My iPad 1, though still better than no iPad, is showing its age. iOS 5 and newer/upgraded apps run much slower than the original code.

Interesting. You are probably right.

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Billythebiker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say the iPad 2 didn't entice me as I'm still ver much in my iPad... For me the 3 would have to have a significant tech leap that I'll wow me!

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i wont upgrade thats for sure...just bought my i pad 2 on september and i plan to use it till i pad 5 comes out ;)

rendezvous97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get an iPad 3, I would request a better camera, and also a built in projector that I could display large scale movies with :)

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A.K said:
i wont upgrade thats for sure...just bought my i pad 2 on september and i plan to use it till i pad 5 comes out ;)

Yup!!! Mine was a very special and kind birthday gift and it was engraved. So NO I won't be upgrading anytime soon ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts