What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Can't Find the Printer ???

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have you had a look to see if the firmware of the printer is up to date?

Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported

There are some apps available for Canon printers also.

In the interest of having your thread seen by a wider audience, I've moved it to our Help Section.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Printer Has Been Found...

:) My Original Post stated my iPad Can't Find The Printer, in the end it's all Good...As of this Christmas we all became iPad users in this Household, it only seemed logical that I get a Canon MX452 Air Printer...With the response to my queries from a few Forum Members..It turned out the Problem was not the iPad or the ISP Router/Modem, but rather the settings on the Canon Printer..At a FM's suggestion I called the Canon 1-800 #, Understand that this is all WiFi and in order for the Signal to carry all units have to be in sync...In my case it came down to the WEP key, the Printer has to be set to accept either Letters or Numbers....Thanks Again
Moderator Edit: Glad it worked out for you NorPlan. I moved this, your newly-created thread, to this thread which deals with your issue, to avoid fragmented threads.
The OB

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts