What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrint problems, can't find printer

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems trying to print directly from the iPad? I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. The printer works via wireless when connected to the pc, but yet the iPad can't find it.

EDIT: I just tried sharing the printer on the mac and the iPad still doesn't see it.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, won't find mine either. Im guessing it has to be a real wifi printer not a networked one?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a known list of AirPrint compatible printers?

I've heard Printopia is also a good solution for Mac.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea, I'll work on it. Im not too worried about it printing isn't very high on my priority list.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a known list of AirPrint compatible printers?

I've heard Printopia is also a good solution for Mac.

yes there is....a lot of the printing apps stopped working on 4.2 tho...like air sharing printer support no longer works...im guessing they will be using airprint.

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet, but I'm always leery of programs that "auto discover" printers....it's fine to automatically install drivers, but surely it should be possible to specify a printer mac address, and model and manually install the printer. I hate the "dumbing down" of printer client software...

Squid1012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
STILL Unable to print after update

New Printing Feature - What a load of S**T...

Help required - I have a HP Photosmart B110 eprint, and after the update on monday night to both iPad and iPod Touch 4th gen, I am unable to print. What was the point of adding this feature if it can not find my printer, or work with any printer. Have the apple staff just wasted there time, or just make the OS have the same functions as a Windows PC, at least I can still print from this device. This is a right pain in the a**, I was really looking forward to this feature. What am I doing wrong. I was told that HP and eprint was going to be the first printer, and with Apple and HP working together on Airprint, what has gone wrong. Why can I not print, am I going to have to wait for yet another update from Apple. So far, I have configured my Wi-Fi network, reconfigured my printer, and nothing. I can still see my printer via the iprint app, and can print (iPad), but not from my ipod touch...same app... What has gone wrong. Please Help

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a google search....it has been discussed for the past couple weeks and the fix is available.

Squid1012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want my HP Photosmart B110 eprint to work. wont find my printer from iPad and iPod Touch. Have Apple staff wasted there time adding this feature to the big update, when people wi-fi printers are not being picked up. Do I have to wait for another update next year to be able to print. I guess I will have to use Windows again. Help Please. Done everything to get this working, reconfigure printer, wi-fi printer and it does not work. what am I doing wrong. Do I have to wait for an update from HP or Apple.....?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG, ok, I'm going to sticky a thread on this topic...this is getting out of hand

Most reactions

Latest posts