Can't get AirPrint working with AirPrint enabled printer.

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by sullivan0067, Oct 13, 2011.

1. bjb148

bjb148 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks. The info re Bonjour was very helpful. Since no one has posted any alternatives, AT&T gets a call tomorrow. I just hope they can handle this.

Update: AT&T switched the router for a new one that evidently supports Bonjour. All Apple devices now can access my HP AirPrint printer and print wirelessly. The tech reps were completely in the dark but they did tell me that AT&T was having "difficulty" with Apple devices.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. rimo911s

rimo911s iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank God I found this thread!

I took delivery of a brand new Canon MG5350 on the 4th January and having spent a frustrating couple of hours trying to get it to hook up to my iPad 2 I finally found this Forum and this thread - thanks guys, it saved my life! I am very frustrated that I chose the MG5350 because it supports Airprint only to find that it would not do so straight out of the box ..... but all sorted now following the firmware update.I do have one ongoing niggle though - the printer always wants to print from the rear tray when I use Airprint from my iPad 2. I can't see where I can change this. When I print from my iMac, it seems to default to the front paper cassette.Any thoughts?

3. Nps

Nps iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bought exactly the same printer please can you send me a link of the driver download?

4. Nps

Nps iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try going on the printer settings on the printer itself and find paper input i remember seeing it when i was scrolling through it earlier

5. rimo911s

rimo911s iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't post links on this forum yet but its on the downloads page of the Canon UK support site for the MG5350 printer - its called Printer Update Utility Ver.1.0

6. rimo911s

rimo911s iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried setting it to front paper cassette but when I send a print request from the iPad2 it still insists on using the rear paper feed

7. Nps

Nps iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok thank you found it now. Couldnt find it at first because i was looking at the Software section, when it is actualy on the firmware section, just to help anyone else with searching difficulties :)

8. rimo911s

rimo911s iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Work round solution

I have determined that the problem lies with the Pages application which for some reason was always instructing the printer to print from the rear paper feed.Apple support were unable to help and simply blamed it on the Canon printer which I knew was unlikely.My simple work round is to e-mail the document from the Pages app to myself as a PDF. I open the e-mail, open the PDF and send it to print - hey presto, the printer selects paper from the front paper cassette!! http://www.islateforums.net/images/smilies/smile.png

9. nikism

nikism iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi have the same problem! How do I control the size of print and the source- is it controlled by the iPad or the printer?

10. gangoolie

gangoolie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much.

I bought one of these yesterday afternoon. Spent an afternoon installing the drivers on 3 laptops. Then tried to print from my iPod and iPhone. Jumped on here and searched and voila - a few minutes spent reading through found this post and followed instructions - instead of spending all day sorting this problem out it only took about half an hour. So THANKS!!!

11. BettiBz

BettiBz iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I can't get my Epson printer to work with ipad..how do I get an app for it. It was suggested in another post as the easiest way to get printers to work

12. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    There is an Epson IPrint app that should work with most new wireless Epson printers. Check online to make sure the one you have is either AirPrint compatible or compatible with the Epson iPrint app.

13. BettiBz

BettiBz iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I saw the iEpson app here but when I clicked it nothing happened...guess printer has to be turned on...really don't know how to make
    It happen

14. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    Yes, the printer needs to be on to print to it. If it a compatible printer and on the same wifi network, it should detect automatically. The app itself cannot enable the AirPrint or default Print buttons in apps, but you can open documents, photos, and web pages from within the app to print them. It also supports cloud storage such as Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs and Box.

15. BettiBz

BettiBz iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'm having the same problem. With my Epson...was told it has to be connected to WiFi and have no idea now todo that