What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any sites where I can keep up with the latest versions that can be jailbroken?

Cvldfire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ f4780y

i have tried TinyUmbrella 5.10,03 ver saved the shsh and requested SHSH from Cydia

iPad2WIFI 5.0.2 (9A405) 1857573604686
iPad2WIFI 5.1.b1 (9B5117b) 1857573604686

Logs on tinyumbrella
12/31/2011 13:19:55.484 For version [iPad2WIFI 4.3.3 (8J2)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
12/31/2011 13:19:55.494 CYDIA DOES
NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad2WIFI 4.3.3 (8J2) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.
12/31/2011 13:19:56.399 For version [iPad2WIFI 4.3.1 (8G4)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

and my present iOS in 4.3.5 which no jailbreak available

is their other way to fetch SHSH 4.3.3 for my ipad 2 in tinyumbrella
thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cvldfire said:
@ f4780y

is their other way to fetch SHSH 4.3.3 for my ipad 2 in tinyumbrella
thanks

No. You cannot get 4.3.3 blobs. Our various stickies explain why.

capaxdoli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cant believe nobody has asked this!?! perhaps i am too dumb :(

read all of the five pages carefully...i was successful in saving the blobs and this is the message i received:

ipad23g 5.0.1 (9A405) - <set of numbers>
ipad23g 5.1b1 (9B5117b) - <set of numbers>

now my question is do i have to update to 5.0.1 (my ipad is still in 4.3.5) and again save my blob or is it already save...i am guess it is but this is my first ios device and i am not entirely sure. a simple yes or no would do. thank you so much...you folks make the world a better place to live :)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
read all of the five pages carefully...i was successful in saving the blobs and this is the message i received:

ipad23g 5.0.1 (9A405) - <set of numbers>
ipad23g 5.1b1 (9B5117b) - <set of numbers>

now my question is do i have to update to 5.0.1 (my ipad is still in 4.3.5) and again save my blob or is it already save...i am guess it is but this is my first ios device and i am not entirely sure. a simple yes or no would do. thank you so much...you folks make the world a better place to live :)

No, you already have your blobs saved for 5.0.1. That is what the above list tells you.

However, you need to understand that 5.x blobs are not currently usable on iPad2! So whilst you have them saved, they offer you NO protection as things stand today. This may change in the future if the developers find a way to use them. So if you are looking to give yourself an opportunity to jailbreak the iPad2 on 5.0.1 you MUST install 5.0.1 on your device and leave it there before Apple close the signing window on 5.0.1. They usually do this within 24 hours of a new version of IOS being released.

See here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/53082-ios5-jailbreak-strategy-guide.html

maegge_f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SHSH issue with iPod 4G

Hi
Read with interest this thread, and tried to follow it but to no avail. Am having issues with my son’s iPod 4G due to jailbreaking / unjailbreaking, wonder if you can help me.

It had IOS 4.3.3 when it was jailbroken round about Nov 2011. Unfortunately he did not save the SHSH blogs, and after it was connected to iTunes, something has gone wrong, and the device is unusable now, cannot bring it up in any form. Unfortunately I do not know whatever he had done before I got involved to try to fix it.

Have tried to re-jailbreak with Redsnow, and also not working, i.e. the process starts but ends up in an error. Have also reconnected to iTunes with shift/restore for 4.3.3 and 4.3.1 restores, but no joy. Have read a lot, and followed what is described, but not helping. E.g. like update of the hosts file (am on Windows XP)

With TinyUmbrella, I see the device 1114116 (with ? in front of these numbers (recovery device), with my daughters iPod I see the actual device name), but says “The device is NOT connectedâ€. I have also entered the ECID manually (retrieved with UVCView). The "Exit Recovery" button is active, and on this one it says "The device is connected".

Have also attempted with iFaith, but no results.

In iTunes (10.5.2.11), I see 2 backups, the earlier one for “m’s iPod†(which is the correct device name), and a later one for “iPod†(part of the name missing)

My preference is to get the device back to unjailbreaked status. Would appreciate any tips you can offer, thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
Read with interest this thread, and tried to follow it but to no avail. Am having issues with my son’s iPod 4G due to jailbreaking / unjailbreaking, wonder if you can help me.

It had IOS 4.3.3 when it was jailbroken round about Nov 2011. Unfortunately he did not save the SHSH blogs, and after it was connected to iTunes, something has gone wrong, and the device is unusable now, cannot bring it up in any form. Unfortunately I do not know whatever he had done before I got involved to try to fix it.

Have tried to re-jailbreak with Redsnow, and also not working, i.e. the process starts but ends up in an error. Have also reconnected to iTunes with shift/restore for 4.3.3 and 4.3.1 restores, but no joy. Have read a lot, and followed what is described, but not helping. E.g. like update of the hosts file (am on Windows XP)

With TinyUmbrella, I see the device 1114116 (with ? in front of these numbers (recovery device), with my daughters iPod I see the actual device name), but says “The device is NOT connected”. I have also entered the ECID manually (retrieved with UVCView). The "Exit Recovery" button is active, and on this one it says "The device is connected".

Have also attempted with iFaith, but no results.

In iTunes (10.5.2.11), I see 2 backups, the earlier one for “m’s iPod” (which is the correct device name), and a later one for “iPod” (part of the name missing)

My preference is to get the device back to unjailbreaked status. Would appreciate any tips you can offer, thanks

Well, if it was only jailbroken back in November, you won't have any blobs for 4.3.3 so a restore to that version is out of the question. To get it back onto stock 5.0.1, follow this guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

maegge_f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again
Thanks for your advise. Some progress was made, but unfortunately not yet done. Followed your instructions with DFU mode and hosts file, and started restore of 5.0.1.
With the iPod progress bar at about 33% and the iTunes progress bar at about 66%, seems to have got stuck.
Than cancelled the process, and restarted my XP SP3 without the firewall and anti-virus. With only iTunes running, the iPod progress bar went to about 50% and the iTunes progress bar to about 80%, then got stuck again, i.e. waited about 45 minutes and then I stopped it again.
Am running on my son's XP account, with admin rights. Used same USB port and cable.
Hosts file has lines which are all commented out with "#", including the line with the apple address.
Read in the tutorial you mentioned about trying pwned DFU mode. Is this something you advise I do ? Decide to wait for your answer. Let me mention that I am doing an iPod, assume it is a similar process to an iPad.
Thanks a lot.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK, the original other part of this post doesn't really belong in this thread.
I was getting an internal error when running TU. it is number 16. WinXPsp3. I was able to avoid this by right clicking, selecting run-as and unchecking the box that states "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity.". TU ran normally after that and I have my blobs.
Thank you!

Greetings, I too have read all of this thread with interest. I have an iPad 1 wifi 32gb ios 5.0.1, and winXPsp3 machine. I downloaded redsn0w_win_0.9.10b5.zip and tinyumbrella-5.10.06.exe. Chrome panicked about TU causing harm to my OS. I thought that was cute.
My out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere download speeds are about 1 meg per minute. (ISDN) During the JB with redsn0w is there going to be a large file download? Years ago I did a JB to my iphone with one of the ra1ns (maybe black) after purplera1n would not work. I don't remember it taking very long to get Cydia on my iphone.
How large is the Cydia file?
After that, I can d/l apps on a wifi in town. Peace.

Last edited:

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to get this to work, but I'm having a problem with installing Java Runtime. The installer starts but then stops ans says that there are apps on my PC that are using Java and I must closet them to install. The installer says "save your work and click close apps to continue" (or something like that, but when I do that, nothing happens. the apps using Java don't close and I see no way to close them. Even when I "end process" that doesn't work, some apps won't let me even "end process."
Any ideas on how to get this installed?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, ensure you are an administrator of the PC, next do a clean reboot and install JRE as the first step when the PC is back up and running... After that, you are pretty much on your own. Sounds like you have a weird setup there!

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, ensure you are an administrator of the PC, next do a clean reboot and install JRE as the first step when the PC is back up and running... After that, you are pretty much on your own. Sounds like you have a weird setup there!

OK, I will double check that. I think I ran as administrator before, but will check again. And is "JRE" java runtime or something else? And I didn't think my setup was so weird, but I'll check that too.
thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I will double check that. I think I ran as administrator before, but will check again. And is "JRE" java runtime or something else? And I didn't think my setup was so weird, but I'll check that too.
thanks

Yes, JRE = Java Runtime Environment. Make sure no browsers are open when you install it. As I said, install it on a fresh reboot before doing anything else...

Most reactions

Latest posts