What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194

valourdo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Marilyn

No i dont have SHSH
i search forums and i found that i need only
ipsw file and redsnow nothing else!

i dont mind to upgrade it
i just want to jailbreak in 3.1.3 if i can!!

i try jaibreakme.com but nothing (say that i must update to 4.0)

any help will be appriciated

valourdo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i started TU
and made Save SHSH

i have in the .SHSH directory the follow shsh files

any help

PS the ipod was previous JB but they bring it to normal again

Last edited:

Juninho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm an iPhone 3GS user and yes, I know this is an iPad forum. However, due to the similarities between the devices I thought I might post my problem here since you guys came up with the most plausible advices.

My Phone: iPhone 3GS, previously jailbroken AND unlocked on 4.2.1, with the baseband 06.15.00

What happened: I never really had this problem before I think, and I'm jailbroken and unlocked on 4.2.1 since more than a year. Anyway, I was just using whatsapp when my phone suddenly kept working and froze. I thought, ok, this has happened before, just switch on the device again. Did that twice, even killed all apps because I thought whatsapp was the problem. Then the shock: The iTunes logo came up which meant I had to connect my phone to iTunes. I already knew back then it was ****ed.
What I tried then was to recover my phone by updating it to the newest version, fearing that my iPad Baseband 06.15.00 may cause serious problems. iTunes tried to update the software and after a couple of seconds the 3194 ERROR came up. So I thought, ****, let's google this and make my phone work again, as I urgently need it.

To make it short: I basically tried almost everything described in this thread. I tried Tiny Umbrella as well as deleting the gps. files manually under administrator rights so that nothing shows up in the very last lines of the host file. Unsuccessfully tried to turn off Kasersky & Antispyware, as well as the network adapter (I haven't switched off my Belkin USB connector as I need it for internet connection in order to update my phone!) and then restart iTunes. None of this worked.

I don't know if this helps you guys, but here is what is states in Tiny Umbrella:

Device Model: ... - iPhone 3GS
Installed Firmware version: 4.2.1
Installed Baseband Version: 05.15.04-6.4_M3S2

Saved SHSHs for my Phone:
iPhone 3GS 4.1
iPhone 3GS 4.2.1
iPhone 3GS 5.0.1

Now I'm a little confused which combination is currently on my phone: Is it still on 4.2.1? And if yes, why am I then on the new(est) baseband? Is that causing the problem? And how is that solvable?

Note that I cannot use my Phone at all, it's currently in DFU mode.

Error 3194 keeps on coming up and it is sooo annoying! Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, even if you tell me that it's not usable anymore, because then I know to stop searching for answers to my problem...\

Thank you very much in advance!:)

Cheers

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Phone: iPhone 3GS, previously jailbroken AND unlocked on 4.2.1, with the baseband 06.15.00

If memory serves, 06.15.00 is the unlockable iPad1 baseband. You have therefore unlocked your 3GS using the iPad baseband hack. That's all well and good but is severely restricts you to using a CUSTOM firmware forever. There is no way around that. The baseband can never be downgraded and because you forced the iPad one on there to get the unlock, so you are stuck with it.

In order to update your phone to any other version of IOS you must get a custom firmware built. That can be done using a variety of tools, but since we are an iPad forum, it is beyond the scope to provide tutorials for that here. You then need to apply the custom firmware by using what is referred to as "pwned DFU" mode. Redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, and pwnage tools all help you do that, or you can track down pre-built custom firmwares from other sources on the internet.

We have a sister site, iPhoneForums.net where the guys deal with this day in day out. I would honestly suggest you would be best taking this forward over here if you need more help because this is very much an iPhone specific issue...

Hope that helps.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My best recommendation to you is to take this post, copy it and then paste it in a new thread (in the Help section) over at our sister forum - http://www.iphoneforums.net/

Mainly because here we talk iPad and for me, personally, my eyes start to glaze over at any mention of baseband stuff. Yeah, I have a jail broken iPhone, but I don't know nuthin' about no baseband! :)

Sorry to refer you, but the experts are over there and I am quite sure they can help and will be willing to help (if help can be given for your situation).

Good luck.

Marilyn

Edited to add: Or, just follow f4789y's advice cause (1) he IS an iPhone expert with knowledge of basebands and (2) he posted just before me, making my post a tad redundant. Except for the "go visit iPhone Forums" part - that's valid either way. :)

Last edited:

Juninho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys, appreciated a lot! Haven't been able to solve my problems, but that was mainly due to time constraints. Exams... *sigh*

I will forward this issue to your sister forum, hopefully they can help me out! Thanks again!

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the EURO ;-)

Juninho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just quickly wanted to take the time and refer to your sister forum, which gave me the solution :

Thanks for redirecting me there! I can now finally use my iPhone again. Thanks so much! Awesome forums.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I cannot yet post post links :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad it worked out for you. And, thanks for the update. It's always nice to hear back about success stories. :)

Marilyn

LoMayok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2wifi 5.1.1. I am having this 3194 error. iTunes can detect it in dfu mode but iFunbox, iExplorer and TinyUmbrella can not detect it. Start TSS server in TU is grayed out and can not be started.

Reboot will stop at apple logo and it looks like dfu is my only chance but it can not be detected.

On Windows the hosts file can be found in: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

I copied the host file if it would help:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
#127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

I opened with notepad but I do not know how to edit it. Neds help..

Let me know if you need something else.

Thanks.

EDIT: I googled and was able to edit the host file. iTunes was able to restore without any problem.

Thanks a lot. This thread save my iPad.

Last edited:

utsavgarg2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello....i am in great problem..and hope that u can help me...
i have an ipad3 and i jb it...it got some problem after some days and is continuously restating and is unable to start...i read in one of threads your posts but i am unable to solve my problem....i tried to restore it by editing hosts file hundreds of times...but stuill getting 3094 error...it is struk on restarting again and again...my ipad is very valuable to me....please help me...thanks in advance....

Mr_Frustrated

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3194 error w/o set host on?

Hello all,

I'm attempting to update a "New iPad" (iPad 3) to the newest firmware that was previously jailbroken. I happened upon this page when I recieved an error 3194. I redownloaded tinyumbrella only to discover the "Set hosts to Cydia on exit" option ghosted out. I have downloaded what I believe to be the proper restore file (*.ipsw etc etc...) but no matter what I do it errors out to 3194. I've disabled my firewall and antivirus to ensure that wasn't the issue. Attempted to disable "Request SHSH From Cydia" as TU suggested and that did not help either.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Most reactions

Latest posts