HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194

Discussion in 'Jailbreaking & Hacking Tutorials & How-To Guides' started by f4780y, May 8, 2011.

1. troubles4ewe

troubles4ewe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I do have the blob for 4.3.5 saved on the Cydia server via Redsn0w, but I've never had to actually use it and am unsure about how to proceed.

2. troubles4ewe

troubles4ewe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks all for the help. Cydia somehow only held a partial blob for my iPad build, so I ended up restoring to IOS 5.0.1 and then jail breaking again using the latest Sn0wbreeze.

3. blom98

blom98
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    thanks so much! i installed h1siri (beta of siri) manually and it worked fine for 5 minutes. and then everything looked wierd and i did succeed to remove it, but here where the problem starts! i couldnt find my settings i search for it, i checked if it was in multitasking no settings there and i was like omg! so i ran home from school and try to restore it for atleast 2 hours. and then i saw this thread that did help! thanks again!

4. Duman95

Duman95
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks so much for the original post. Edited the host file, rebooted and away it goes. Forgot I even saved my blobs with TU.... LOL.

5. forgrabz

forgrabz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hey, before I start telling you what I need help with, I'de like you to know that I am not very good with all of this technology and I haven't really done anything like this before. So please help me by telling me what I should do in the simplest way possible, much appreciated.

So anyway, I successfully jailbroke and installed cydia. I had ios 5.0.1 and in order for me to install what I wante I needed to downgrade to ios 4.3.3. After lots of googling, I found some clear instructions and followed exactly what they said but I ended up getting error 3194. I will tell you everything I did and hopefully one of you can point out everything I'vedone wrong.

So first I downloaded the actual thing I would need to downgrade it, so I saved it onto my computer. Then I think I put it in DFU mode, and don't worry it definitely didn't go into recovery mode. Then I went onto hosts, and copied it into my own documents and edited it in NotePad by adding the line at the bottom and then saved it. Then I went on iTunes, pressed shift, restore, selected the thing I downloaded earlier and then a message popped up saying something like it would restore it to 4.3.3 but would have to ask apple, so then it extracted the software and stuff but then a message popped up saying something like the iphone couldn't be restored and error 3194.

I'm sorry this wasn't very clear but like I said, I don't really know how to solve it even though I've tried to follow the instructions as best as I can. I really need someone to give me some more instructions on what I should do to fix this and urgently. Please comment as soon as possible because I could really do with some help. I'm sorry and thank you.

6. forgrabz

forgrabz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Oh and I forgot to mention, before I started I installed iSH**** off of cydia and saved my shsh blobs on there.

7. hian

hian
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Help help.. I am currently using 3gs ios 4.3.5. I was trying to restore to 5.0.1 and it appeared error 3194. Then it appeared error 21 when i was trying to restore to 5.0. Anyway, i was able to restore back to 4.3.5. What should i do now?? Please please help because i needs this untethered..

8. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Before we dive in to try to help, can you please tell us

(1) Exactly what iPad you have, the first or second generation (and if it's WiFi only or has 3G)

(2) What firmware are you running right now (and is it jailbroken on that firmware)

(3) What specific SHSH blobs do you have saved (either from Tiny Umbrella or the iSH*** software)

Once we know that, we can [hopefully] guide you to the right direction.

Thanks.

Marilyn

9. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hian:

Please see the same questions I just asked forgrabz above. We need a bit more information about your iPad in order to [hopefully] help.

Thanks.

Marilyn

10. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received: