What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
88raymond said:
your 4.3.3 shsh blob is saved, jasper :)

Awesome! Thanks for the good news! So now I can restore back to the 4.3.3 if ever need be?

Thanks to the op as well for a sweet tutorial!

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, but remember to first save the correct 4.3.3 ipsw file to your computer, before using both TU and iTunes to restore... hehe...

gottifour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
88raymond said:
yes, but remember to first save the correct 4.3.3 ipsw file to your computer, before using both TU and iTunes to restore... hehe...

Gotcha Raymond, thanks again!

donwacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to SAVE my shsh blobs from my iPad 2 3G 4.3.3 and transfer it or downgrade my moms iPad 2 3G 4.3.5 to 4.3.3?

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry, no. it is device-specific.

if it was at all possible, those who were too late in saving their 4.3.3 shsh blobs would be ecstatic :)

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the shsh blob was only shown in cydia... and cydia can be accessed only if your device is JB. it's too late for you to get the shsh blob... but you can still JB.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
88raymond said:
the shsh blob was only shown in cydia... and cydia can be accessed only if your device is JB. it's too late for you to get the shsh blob... but you can still JB.

Incorrect. If you follow the guide exactly as it is written and it will retrieve your previously saved blobs from Cydia. That's why I wrote it that way...

Last edited:

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so he can still get his 4.3.3 SHSH blob even if he's not yet JB? sorry, that got me confused :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's Pjon's post we are talking about - he ran Tiny Umbrella and 4.3.3 did not show up. That means that Cydia did not have the blobs. So, with no SHSH blobs, there's no putting iOS version 4.3.3 on an iPad. No way.

To answer your question, 88raymond - if the blobs were on Cydia, and even if the member was not jailbroken at the time, Tiny Umbrella will still be able to access Cydia and get those blobs. The key is that the blobs had to have been saved at the time Apple was signing them (back in July) either via a jailbroke iPad (and Cydia) or via Tiny Umbrella.

In short: Jailbreaking and saving blobs are two different events. You can do one or the other - or both.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

frutips123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to jailbreaking and I have a few questions. Back when 4.3.3 was available, I was thinking about jailbreaking and I downloaded TU and I attempted to save the blobs but never went through with the jailbreaking. Fast forward a few months to now (i'm still in 4.3.3) I'm really considering to jailbreak.

I opened my TU today (still v5.00.03) and it shows:
iPad2WIFI 4.3.3 (8J2)-
iPad2WIFI 5.0b1 (9A5220p) iPad2WIFI 5.0b2 (9A5248d)

Therefore, I did correctly save my shsh blobs for 4.3.3 right?
I know I need to update my TU, but if I do, will it delete my blobs?

Sorry for such noob questions, but I don't know anyone in person
with jailbreaked apple products, you guys are my last hope! :)

Thanks in advance!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to jailbreaking and I have a few questions. Back when 4.3.3 was available, I was thinking about jailbreaking and I downloaded TU and I attempted to save the blobs but never went through with the jailbreaking. Fast forward a few months to now (i'm still in 4.3.3) I'm really considering to jailbreak.

I opened my TU today (still v5.00.03) and it shows:
iPad2WIFI 4.3.3 (8J2)-
iPad2WIFI 5.0b1 (9A5220p) iPad2WIFI 5.0b2 (9A5248d)

Therefore, I did correctly save my shsh blobs for 4.3.3 right?
I know I need to update my TU, but if I do, will it delete my blobs?

Sorry for such noob questions, but I don't know anyone in person
with jailbreaked apple products, you guys are my last hope! :)

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you saved your 4.3.3 blobs just fine.
You are perfectly safe to update TU any time a new version comes out. It will never delete your saved blobs when you update it to a new version.

Once you are ready to give the JB a shot, follow this tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...utorial-jailbreak-ipad2-4-3-3-jbme-3-0-a.html

If you do decide you don't like it then you can always restore to stock 4.3.3 or 4.3.5 (your choice). Make sure you have a look through all our stickies for all the info you need.

Hope that helps!

Most reactions