What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Downgrade your iPad1 or iPad2 to a 4.x firmware

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jiuwenlong said:
Does this works for ipad 2 3g version. Thx

Well, that depends. If you read the original post, you will see many conditions listed. Read them and if your iPad matches up with the requirements to downgrade, then you're good.

The answers are all right there ... in the 1st post to this thread.

Marilyn

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I was on 4.3 ipad 2 3g with leaked jailbreak. In order to use the camera connection kit updated to 4.5 with saved 4.3.3 blobs. I am trying to downgrade to 4.3.3 and the itunes gives error and hungs. I read many tutorials with change of hosts via notepad, i can't get it. Can you please help me?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to downgrade to 4.3.3 and the itunes gives error and hungs.

Does this help?

1. You MUST have saved SHSH Blobs for your device and the version of IOS you want to downgrade to. The http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacki...questions.html sticky is a good place to get information about this subject, but if you haven't taken steps to already save your blobs then chances are high that you will not have them available for a previous version of IOS.

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
as mentioned i have the 4.3.3 blobs saved. i follow exactly the tutorial to downgrade, but i dont read anything about the hosts, should i change it? What about the inflation of the disc? suddenly after many tries i got a full c. Can i erase something? and when i open tiny umbrella and start server, putting to dfu mode disconnects the ipad. Is it right so? having opened the tiny umbrella closes the itunes and so on..? i am really confused

Mikenice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently on iOS 4.35. Do not have TU installed so dont have any saved blobs. If i upgrade to iOS 5.0 is there anyway to go back down to 4.3.5?

Can i just save the 4.3.5 blobs now or is it too late since 5.0 is out?
Verizon 3G

Thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mikenice said:
Currently on iOS 4.35. Do not have TU installed so dont have any saved blobs. If i upgrade to iOS 5.0 is there anyway to go back down to 4.3.5?

Can i just save the 4.3.5 blobs now or is it too late since 5.0 is out?
Verizon 3G

Thanks

I'd hoped the message in the first post would be clear. You cant save any blobs now, and having an iPad2 3G, once you go to 5.x you are there for good as things stand today...

Last edited:

AlbosTR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new here.

I have some question.Thnx in advance. So:

I've got iPad 2 - 4.3.5. Can I downgrade it to 4.3.4? And then jailbreak it.

Or doesn't exist this possibility.

p.s. iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh.

AlbosTR - did you follow the steps outlined in this very tutorial to which you're posting? It will give you the answer.

Short answer = no. There is no jail break for iOS 4.3.4.

Now, please, run through the tutorial to see if you can downgrade to iOS 4.3.3, which is the only jailbreakable iOS for the iPad2 at this time...

Marilyn

platnm6309

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my ipad, first generation. It is 64gb 3g wifi. It has ios5 on it. Can I use the blobs from my jailbroken iphone 4 to downgrade the ipad by syncing to the computer? Forgive me but I am new at this. Thanks...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got my ipad, first generation. It is 64gb 3g wifi. It has ios5 on it. Can I use the blobs from my jailbroken iphone 4 to downgrade the ipad by syncing to the computer? Forgive me but I am new at this. Thanks...

No. If you could use blobs from another device the whole thing would be worthless, wouldn't it? We could all just share one set of blobs...
See our FAQ here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-updated.html

You are out of luck. Your only JB option today is a tethered IOS5 jailbreak using redsn0w - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lbreak-ipad1-ios5-tethered-using-redsn0w.html

AlbosTR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx Mickey, i'm gonna read the tutorials. Maybe I'll be able to downgrade to 4.3.3 although I'got no blobs.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AlbosTR said:
Thx Mickey, i'm gonna read the tutorials. Maybe I'll be able to downgrade to 4.3.3 although I'got no blobs.

Hi there, you really do need to read the tutorials, no blobs means you can either stay where you are or upgrade to iOS 5, it matters not what version iPad you have.

The Archangel

mycookiess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi i have a ipad 2 with 4.3.5. i have been trying without success to downgrade to 4.3.3 and get the error 3194. i have tried changing the the 2 lines in the host file and it sill does not work. very frustrating any help would be appreciated so i can finally jb thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts