What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trust me he meant me. :)

Maybe it's not obvious enough but I am usually somewhat tongue-in-cheek in my comments. I don't actually take it too seriously nor dislike anyone. And 1991 that includes you... Just good natured banter... No harm intended whatsoever.

Michael

Fabytm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Rudy, you're right!Usually, at morning, when I mostly read my new e-mails and new tweets, my eyes hurt because of the brightness...They should fix this.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I vote for no printing ability. I know there are printers by HP that will work with the new OS, but I don't have or want an HP printer. I bought Print n Share app, but that is limited. A USB port would be nice.

Or instead of complaining about a non issue you could do a super simple google search for AirPrint with any printer and find several pages with instructions....even dummy apps for every OS. But I guess it just feels better to cry about it.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What he is telling you is that you CAN print with any printer. You just have to take three seconds to do a Google search for it.

You are complaining about something that isn't actually a problem.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What he is telling you is that you CAN print with any printer. You just have to take three seconds to do a Google search for it.

You are complaining about something that isn't actually a problem.

At the same time, should we really be required to install a hack to get printing from the Ipad working? I mean come on, we are talking about printing here. It should be supported without jumping through hoops. The complaint is valid. Printing does not work (except in a few rare cases if you own one of the small number of supported printers) with the Ipad out of the box.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to take a moment here to remind everyone to be respectful to each other. I also want to remind people that being disrespectful to a staff member is against the rules and you can have your account removed permanently. We don't want to do that but we can't have people talking disrespectfully towards our members or our staffs.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to take offense....but it is extremely irritating when people complain repeatedly about none issues...or issues that have workarounds.

The whole hardware orientation lock toggle thing
Press home twice...its that easy.

The iPad has a mic, but no built in voice recording app (the iPhone comes with one)
It's free in the app store....thats another lazy complaint

The iPad can get rather heavy for one handed reading
I've read books that weigh 10x the iPad weight...again, lazy

No flash support
Never gonna happen the point is MOOT! Use Splashtop Remote or iPad isnt for you.

Other:
USB : Up to hardware devs to come up with apps and drivers to use their devices (camera kit!)

Printers : Either get a new printer or set take a second to find out how to set up your printer.

I'm sure there are more complaints...but honestly what do you people want? For all it does you find faults in everything. For me it is one of the most versitile devices I've owned...therefore I love it. Maybe something better will come out and I'll give that a shot. I just use what works best for me...but I don't go onto the Blackberry forums and complain about the things I hate about it....I just don't use it!

BTW....because I am a moderator means I can't have an opinion?? How does that work? I don't delete any posts that counter my opinion (if another mod decides to that is their choice)...I am the same as everyone else here...a user of the site...I just agreed to help keep it clean.

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read through this entire thread and became much more educated on many of the perceived or real problems people are having - this part I liked. Berating people for answering the original post question, no matter how they reply - not so much - especially from one labeled "Super Moderator". Its their opinion and they are entitled to it - let them voice it and if you don't like it DONT READ IT. Its kind of like people complaining about what's on TV when all they have to really do is CHANGE THE CHANNEL. Now, actually showing people the error of their ways and educating them how to get around what they feel is a problem is excellent, but it could be done with a bit more compassion couldn't it? Afterall, what we must remember first and foremost is we are not all at the same level of understanding - some of these posters only got their iPads a few days/months ago.

Now, for me, it is Flash and USB for the same reasons as already mentioned.

DewWorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kwgrimes said it all so very eloquently. A spirit of educating, understanding, and patience are virtues to which we can all aspire. Name calling or being demeaning to other members only escalates negative emotions. The very title of this topic conjures up negativity, but it is important to realize that positive change usually only occurs after enough expressions of a negative nature. My hope is that taking note of some of these negative comments will lead to improvements in an already wonderful product. Hope springs eternal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts