Best note taking app for iPad

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by mach5k, Apr 19, 2010.

1. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Wrist or Palm Guard for Drawing on iPad

There is one in smartNote.

2. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Impresive cursive writing in Note Taker HD app

Look at this video for more on this neat App.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62GiZu70TOw&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Note Taker HD Overview[/ame]

Zman has advanced the discussion with a really good find in iPad apps.
    http://www.softwaregarden.com/products/notetakerhd/

Dan Bricklin's® Note Taker HD App

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z72Cb9E0APU&feature=related[/ame]

#22 4phun, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I'm using penultimate but honestly I'm going to wait until I get my stylus beforee i reserve complete judgement

4. EODtech

EODtech
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanx, Ill save my $9 and continue to use Easy Notes Pro for iPad

5. EODtech

EODtech
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  6. ARDOTBEE

ARDOTBEE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I need a good note taking app as well, I'm currently using notebook for iPad and it's working well for me.

7. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    SoundPaper Adds More New Features Today

SoundPaper got a point upgrade with new features today. It got synced drawing support so you can take both typed notes and make diagrams linked to the audio all on one page.

Read the itunes app store for more notes on SoundPaper

SoundPaper is the best way to take notes on your iPad.
    It tracks what you type and draw while recording audio, so you'll never worry about missing an important detail.
    While playing back your recording, just tap a word; SoundPaper will jump right to that point in the audio.
    If you need to use another document or app, SoundPaper will automatically pause the recording. When you come back, just tap the "Record" button. SoundPaper will continue from where you left off.
    Use SoundPaper's powerful drawing tool for quick sketches. It's easy to edit them, too. Tap a drawing to select it, or tap twice to select an individual stroke. From there, you can drag it to wherever you want, or tap "Delete" to get rid of it. Use two fingers to zoom and scroll.
    SoundPaper is perfect for students. If you ever fall asleep in class, don't worry — SoundPaper's got your back. Just tap what you wrote while you were awake, and SoundPaper will play the audio to help you fill in the blanks.
    SoundPaper is also great for journalists. Ever miss an important detail during an interview and have to skim through your entire recording to find out what it was? With SoundPaper, just tap a word from that part of the interview — it'll play back what you missed.
    When you're done, share your text, drawings, and audio notes via email, or transfer them directly to your Mac or PC. Audio notes are recorded in standard M4A format: One hour of high quality audio is only 20MB.

8. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I love Evernote and Penultimate, but if you are going to use the latter grab a stylus. It's great for noting down short items but with big hands and fingers you have chunky writing and quickly run out of space....

Still great for quickly noting an email addy, phone number, shopping list etc..

9. bentwookie

bentwookie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I haven't found any of the hand-writing apps to be very usable. I've been using CourseNotes on my iPad for notes. I like the organization of the app. There's a demo movie on coursenotesapp.com.

10. toilets

toilets
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ipad is the worst for note taking.

I bought an 64GB iPad a week ago, and I've tried 3 different note taking apps.
    I like Penultimate best, since it's a Moleskin book clone....
    But-
    The iPad royally sucks for note taking. Not only do you have to write as slow as possible to let it catch up, but you'll never be able to write in between those small lines.
    In short, you could never take notes in class with any iPad app. It's too slow. I hate it. But, luckily note taking was just a side perk to what i really bought the iPad for; TOUCH OSC!!!!
    :D