What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best note taking app on iPad? Notes?

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you writeranger. I appreciate the quick reply and post. I can't wait to try them. Pentultimate looks nice but I can't read my writing so that would not be helpful at all unless it can convert my chicken scratch to a readable format?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swharr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite "pen" for iPad to go along with these note taking apps? I heard griffin or something like that was good.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh man, you need a stylus for these apps?? ;-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swharr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, sorry ... I shouldn't have posted here i guess. You do not need one. I just want one for better control for sketches/notes.

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, sorry ... I shouldn't have posted here i guess. You do not need one. I just want one for better control for sketches/notes.

You get finer control using an iPad stylus. They aren't like the old type we used on our Palm Pilots...they are rubbery,foamy - kind of hard to describe. I did quite a bit of research before buying the right stylus and ended up with the Acase stylus. It's one of the less expensive ones ($11 or so) but it's the same exact pen as a couple of the more expensive ones. It's worked out very well and is really nice with Penultimate - which is truly a nice note taking app if you like to write just like in a notebook. A digital Moleskine. :)

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nateccnn said:
So...ever since getting the iPad I have been trying out various note taking apps that use hand writing. I've pretty much decided that each app has something over the other apps. None of them have all the feature I want but you combine 5 different apps and you have a winner.

Today I was in a meeting trying to decide which app for this particular note taking session. I tried three and realized real fast I was missing things as I skipped between the apps.

I opened the stoke "Notes" and started typing and suddenly realized...it does everything I want...it records notes. Simple and intuitive. And I can type really fast in that thing!

All the money I wasted on note taking apps and the free one is now my preferred goto app.

Justbsayin.

Nate

You said the notes applications records voice? You mean Notes application that comes with the iPad? Hw can i record voice within that app?

Arnz98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, just to add, dont try to save money on the stylus. I learned that recently. I bought a cheap-o 3 pack stylus for 10 dollars and it wasnt gliding on the screen and you have to press really hard. It was really bad, I thought they were all like that and gave up

But recently saw a review on the boxwave stylus, boy what a difference. Expensive, but glides so much better and feels like writing, when combined with a handwriting app like Penultimate or note taker HD

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've broken down and downloaded Noteshelf. Great note taking app. I'd say that if you need to type any notes, because, like mine, your handwriting is horrible, then Notes Plus is still the best choice. Penultimate is still fast and flexible for my one or two word scrawls. I'm certain that others get far more intensive use out of it. It wouldn't still be on the bestseller list if it didn't serve. The price is right. Noteshelf is Penultimate on steroids. If either of them took text from a keyboard... that would be a steel cage match.

Last edited by a moderator:

ethanambabo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been developing LooseLeaf, a note-taking app that helps you write and automatically categorize what you write as a note, task, question, or idea. You can then sort to see only your tasks, or questions, or notes, or ideas. The app will sync with Google Drive, and eventually allow you to automatically turn your handwritten notes into a Google Doc.

The app is still in beta, but I would love your feedback. You can sign up at []LooseLeaf - Write and sort your notes, tasks, and questions[/url]

Moderation Notice:
This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules
No External Links...including Email/Facebook/Twitter Accounts

Last edited by a moderator:

alvinpdm

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts