What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best note taking app for iPad

kennyYap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who can tell me, IPad got personal hotspot or not?
And how to search the personal hotspot?
Cause my iPad no personal hotspot!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kennyYap said:
Who can tell me, IPad got personal hotspot or not?
And how to search the personal hotspot?
Cause my iPad no personal hotspot!

Not the right thread for this.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
info said:
Be careful though, it's easy to go crazy overdoing things buy buying too many of these notes apps. I can definitely say that from personal experience. Best to keep it simple... but that is easier said than done. Good Luck! :)
Exactly. I've only purchased one so far - Simplenote - so I could have access to the notes across multiple platforms. I also use Documents to Go but I don't consider it a notetaker.

A comparison chart with all of the features mentioned in this thread and available apps would be appreciated.

Last edited:

saclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, as many others, have tried several note taking apps however seem to gravitate back to Notes Plus. The most recent update has a few bugs but overall, it allows me to type, write, draw, import pictures, and move locations around easily. I especially like the ability to sync to dropbox. I use it in meetings to take notes, then sync to dropbox. When I get back to my office, I merely open it from dropbox and either print it out or file it into a specific folder. The only improvement I would like to see is to sync it in a doc format so I can continue to edit it from my office laptop.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also check 7notesHD Premium. The hand writing recognition is about the best I've seen. But I'm need to order a better stylus and put it through it's paces first.

I use Simple Note a lot, mainly because I can sync it between other iDevices and my desktop.

Notes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MagicalPad is unique

I am using MagicalPad everyday. It is nice how you can organize your content anywhere you want. With multiple outlines on the same page, drag/drop and checklists, I think it is a great tool for keeping notes.

JFrazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saclark said:
I, as many others, have tried several note taking apps however seem to gravitate back to Notes Plus. The most recent update has a few bugs but overall, it allows me to type, write, draw, import pictures, and move locations around easily. I especially like the ability to sync to dropbox. I use it in meetings to take notes, then sync to dropbox. When I get back to my office, I merely open it from dropbox and either print it out or file it into a specific folder. The only improvement I would like to see is to sync it in a doc format so I can continue to edit it from my office laptop.

I, too, have bought many apps but gravitate back to Notes Plus. The two things to add that would make this app perfect: copy and paste function for handwritten notes to be copied into other apps or documents. And, export to a word document app like Pages or Quick Office!

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rikdyou said:
I just use notes.......yes the one bundled with the iPad.....I just can't see the point in buying note taking apps.

Stupid question ... Is this notes that you say is bundled with iPad an app ? How does one invoke that program ?

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
you mean the app with the yellow notepad icon ? it should be on the ipad by default you cant get rid of it

Lol !! Thanks !! But I didn't know that the yellow note app on iPad allowed handwritten notes....

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I mentioned Simplenote above and will say that at some point (about a year after I started using it), the sync between my iTouch and the iPad began slowing down considerably. Perhaps I overloaded it somehow.

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the apple notes app doesnt allow handwritten notes

Definitely would not do for me, then. Being able to take handwritten notes, then convert them to text and email them is essential for me. Typingnotes in a meeting is far too slow, to say nothing of it being distracting to others.

Most reactions

Latest posts