Best note taking app for iPad

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by mach5k, Apr 19, 2010.

1. VampiressRN

VampiressRN
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Dumb question...is there some way in Evernotes to add bullets and bold out certain content? I am still such a rookie on this I can't figure it out.

2. 1million

1million
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I've noticed it too but I'm not using any type of screen protector. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm using my Box Wave right now to type this.

3. Rlanger

Rlanger
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Haven't read through the entire thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but it would be worth repeating anyway. Notify is an amazing note taking app with tons of functionality, including a comprehensive keyboard for math input.

I use a stylus from stylus r us and it completely blows away the rubber tip type styli like the Boxwave and Targus. Easily the best sylus I've tried, and Ive tried many.

4. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Completely agree with you there! No comparison.... Stylus R Us stylus use a very unique tip that makes them work effortlessly with no pressure.

5. chowdown

chowdown
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Do you guys use the stylus r us to make handwritten notes on the iPad, or do you just use it to "press" the keys of the type-pad?

6. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    To be completely honest, I don't use a stylus at all anymore... Decided I'd rather type my notes (with my ZAggMate) so that they are searchable, etc... I basically just tried a few before deciding not to use them at all. When I did "play" with the different stylus (Pogo Sketch, etc), I found them to be very un-responsive and that you had to push pretty hard to get them to work properly.

With the Stylus R Us stylus, it literally just glides across the screen... no pressure needed at all, so the tip also last longer.

To answer your question though, when I was playing with the different stylus, I used them for just about everything EXCEPT for pressing the on-screen keyboard keys!

7. Peteo

Peteo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Which one did you get there's tons on their page

8. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    FYI - ALL of the Stylus R Us stylus use the same tip, so really they all perform about the same - just a preference as to which you like the best...

9. Rlanger

Rlanger
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got the CEO, which is great for taking notes, and I also got the iwand which is perfect for just surfing around.

To get the best of both worlds, I would reccomend one of the long telescoping styli. I may get the Terminator myself.

10. 4phun

4phun
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Notabilty just had a major update, check it out. New clean interface where you can hide elements and more.

Sent from my iPad using iPF