What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like to see in the new os?

rysiu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
better movies organization like photos, would be great.

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not particular to changes anyway but If I love to see new features that the old OS of iPad does not have before.

largefarva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aside from a fix for wifi issues, I'd like to see a stop to the automatic refreshing of safari when switching from one safari window to another. Or at least an option to turn it off.

In some cases it's nice to have the automatic refresh....but the majority of the time it's just an annoyance that sometimes makes me want to rip out my eyeballs and throw my iPad at the wall. Which would make me a very sad panda.

jervis961

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More integration of iphoto would be great. I'd love to be able to use the enhance and retouch functions directly on the ipad. I'd also like the option of "select all" when deleting or moving emails. Having to click on every single one gets annoying. My biggest request though is the ability to adjust the brightness without going back into settings and to be able to turn it down lower than the current settings allow. I keep mine on the lowest setting and I can still use it as a flashlight at night.

crashmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
* Keyboard:
1. Allow user configuration, so you can set them up the way you want to. I would put the 'quote' mark on the main keyboard.
2. Make the delete(backspace) key work like a delete key if you press shift-delete. In other words, pressing shift-delete would delete the character under the cursor (like the delete key in Windoze).
3. Allow shift-space to keep you on the same keyboard layout. Pressing space takes you back to the main keyboard.
4. Missing keys: Tab, Back-Tab...

* Multi-tasking
1. Yes please!

* eMail:
1. Unified folders.
2. Allow auto delete of old mail in ANY folder, not just in trash. Deleting from other folders would move the emails to trash.
3. When selecting mail for deletion, provide 'select all' and 'reset' buttons. It sucks having to tap each email individually.
4. Mail setup for outgoing servers is idiotic. I should be able to set up outgoing serves independently of the email accounts, then link them to accounts in the order in which I want them used.

* App Store
1. Allow me to return an app within 24 hours of purchase. Not being able to try before you buy means I will not be trying a LOT of apps that I may otherwise buy.

I am sure the WiFi issue will get fixed.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
* Keyboard:
1. Allow user configuration, so you can set them up the way you want to. I would put the 'quote' mark on the main keyboard.
2. Make the delete(backspace) key work like a delete key if you press shift-delete. In other words, pressing shift-delete would delete the character under the cursor (like the delete key in Windoze).
3. Allow shift-space to keep you on the same keyboard layout. Pressing space takes you back to the main keyboard.
4. Missing keys: Tab, Back-Tab...

* Multi-tasking
1. Yes please!

* eMail:
1. Unified folders.
2. Allow auto delete of old mail in ANY folder, not just in trash. Deleting from other folders would move the emails to trash.
3. When selecting mail for deletion, provide 'select all' and 'reset' buttons. It sucks having to tap each email individually.
4. Mail setup for outgoing servers is idiotic. I should be able to set up outgoing serves independently of the email accounts, then link them to accounts in the order in which I want them used.

* App Store
1. Allow me to return an app within 24 hours of purchase. Not being able to try before you buy means I will not be trying a LOT of apps that I may otherwise buy.

I am sure the WiFi issue will get fixed.

Which is the only reason I would recommend Installous....you can try out an app for free if you dig it, go buy it. Sadly Apple won't allow something so very simple so you have to resort to "illegal" means in order to test out that $30 VNC app before committing to it! I wish the iPad was jailbroken before I wasted $12 on Desktop Connect only to realize it sucks and paid another $30 for iTeleport.

Cufan99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOTS of great ideas so far...

Here's what I'd like to see:

Direct printing to WiFi printers, WITH the ability to print SELECTED text, not just the whole document.

Full Bluetooth support for accessories like stereo headphones.

Apps that will allow editing and printing of MS Office documents.

Multi-Tasking

File browser

WiFi syncing

The ability to organize delete and rename photos.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like the iPad to be a standalone device not chained to a computer.

Better editing navigation with arrow keys and a front delete key.

A reduction in the complexity of printing. Obviously Apple's not paying my salary for all that time loss...

Aiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me I'd just like to see basic apps that have disappeared come back such as weather and the clock!

Can't wait for multitasking to come about either.

The only other thing that has annoyed me is getting files from my PC or laptop to the iPad, kinda annoying that I have to hook up a £430 device to a £200 device to get videos and music on it.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd REALLY like to see some arrow keys to move the cursor around like you guys mentioned. That's really my only big problem when it comes to using the keyboard, and although it's only a slight inconvenience, without a stylus it can be quite frustrating with my ape fingers.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about being able to jump to the bottom of a page? You can jump to the top of a page in Safari by hitting the bar at the top, but no "end" key basically.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a great tip on getting to the top of the page! I really need to spend more time in my tips and tricks books, there's just so much to do on this iPad, and so little time, the rest of my life isn't nearly enough. But hey, there might be an app for that. The fountain of youth app :D

PS-Matthew I saw your comment on being a post whore in another thread. For my two cents, you contribute a lot of good information. You're not like the members who are constantly posting to cut everyone else down, while exhibiting their own stupidity by destroying all language and spelling rules. We all make mistakes, especially me. But I don't say "You such the bloody idiot. Make you be smart me like one day. Know doesn't anyone make dumb themselves I think start to be smart."

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:D

Thanks, that was pretty funny. My post whoring is especially strong this weekend as my wife is out of town. So I have this forum and my Corvette forum User CP on refresh almost all day while I play We Rule Gold. lol

I actually paid the 99 cents for the "Tips and Tricks for the iPad" or whatever it's called...lots of good information in that little book. Like if you hold the .com button when inputting an address into the web browser, it brings up alternatives like .net, .org, etc.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was worth 99 cents to me, just for the apostrophe. I had the first iPhone shortly after release, and didn't keep it very long so Im not one of those people that's been using the iPhone OS for a while, so it was/is a great tool for me. I can't say if it's valuable for those already acquainted well with the iPhone, someone else will have give an opinion there.

Off topic, but I'm also on the forums a lot because the girlfriends been sick all weekend. She said "Dont you want to go out and have some fun? You don't have to stay home because Im sick" I responded as politely as possible and informed her that I wasn't staying home because she's sick, I'm staying home because I have a date with Lily, my iPad lol

Most reactions

Latest posts