What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5- what would you like to see for iPad?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As the title says...what would you like to see in iOS 5 for iPad , which should be released next year, that's not in iOS 4.2.1 now?

Lock screen widgets?

Multiple users? Etc

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a USB port would be super! We could use printers, keyboards, external storage, etc.

Jvthegreat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I invest in equities and options. I have used my iPad and laptop for this purpose. iPad since march 2010. I like the iPad because I can access Internet from the car on the interstate anywhere (I have 3G). I investigate companies constantly. BUT the lack of flash restricts me to no end!!! I am constantly running into breaking news that is done with a video I cannot watch. Please consider this frustration among us users. Thank You.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So annoying to not get cards,etc!

Flash is never going to happen.

Now as for me:

1.) Fix the switch so that it is back to the proper function of Screen Lock.
2.) Animated Backgrounds would be great! ( Like Androids Live Wallpapers )
3.) Fix the shorter Battery Life that 4.2.1 created.
4.) More Keyboard Options ( Number keys in the right spot instead of a new keyboard )

Those are the major things IMHO.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Battery life is no different on the iPad since upgrade. Non of my friends or clients have had any reduction I still get 9 plus hours a day. So maybe you have an app or email setting that is incorrect. My brightness level is midway default

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life is no different on the iPad since upgrade. Non of my friends or clients have had any reduction I still get 9 plus hours a day. So maybe you have an app or email setting that is incorrect. My brightness level is midway default

Wrong. Sorry but the battery life has decreased on iPhone 4 and iPad since 4.2.1 was installed.

I am sorry that you do not see that. :(

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok on your ipad how long does your battery last for until it hits red zone 15% also your iphone4 and is your ipad wifi only or both

Last edited:

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Graffiti "keyboard" like the one on my Android phone.

This is such a big deal that instead of an iPhone 4 my next phone will be a Nexus S, which will replace my Epic 4G. I really don't want to dump my iPad too.

OP
Gunny008

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone think iOS 5 will be different on the iPad and iPad 2 from all the other iPhones and iPods etc?

Wll there be an iOS 5 fo iPhone 3G ?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A single location to store documents. For example, when you edit a document in two different apps, you create a copy of that document twice. Where is the latest version?
Dumb!

Yardslave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about some sort of video camera support like the iPhone 4? I know the 4G will have it, but what about the 3G units? :ipad-keyboard:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know its an OS question but an upgraded iPad may offer more software options if the cpu is improved and or the ram doubled.

Under those circumstances flash might be a selectable option for those willing to sacrifice battery life. ofc pigs might fly.

Certainly like the idea of a unified document repository though.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok on your ipad how long does your battery last for until it hits red zone 15% also your iphone4 and is your ipad wifi only or both

On my iPhone I lost two hours, on my iPad I lost 3. This was with nothing at all in the so called fake multitasking bar thingy and bluetooth off.

I reverted back to the previous firmware on my ipad....tested it again....got those 3 hours back.

I may be wrong but the only change was the iOS version.

Most reactions

Latest posts