What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you like to see in the new os?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should use a droid. I rooted mine and am using wireless tether.

Same here....I'm just getting really annoyed that it keeps nagging me to update the OS....I don't want to!!
You Are probably both right, I just have had my mind set on a new iPhone for so long that it's hard to think of not going with it, plus I really like to have all my stuff talking back and forth so i don't have to update multiple dbases.

I ran a Dell axim for years and then when my company updated our crm system it would not talk to the Dell, and this was a pain in the ass. While i won't be using either the iPad or iPhone for business, i have really come to appreciate the sync capability after losing it once already.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what are we learning today boys and girls?

Everyone that doesn't play nice with apple will be dev'd out of the game.

This about the iAds? It looks like another shot at Google but seems more like a responce to the hapazard way ads are being done in App right now. It's not unified, they can get really get in the way, and Apple isn't making money off them (a big problem ;) ).

Speaking of games ... Game Center? Microsoft does consoles, Apple handhelds (a.k.a gameboys). Actually I'm not sure I like this over much, even as self described Mac Gamer. Valve is bringing Steam to Mac and I'd hate for Apple to make that difficult.

Although... no not a good building block for the Roleplaying game community. Needs to be cross-platform. Game Center won't do.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wish list is very small for 4.0-a paperclip in the Mail application. How can something so common with sending email can be left out of a Mail App? The work around is not the answer-there should be a paperclip.

Oche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wireless home syncing needs to be a top priority for Apple. Google has already figured out single profile wireless syncing. Apple can surely do better than the current offering. I want my iPad to also be up-to-date with my Macs with the simplitcy of an single tap on a Sync widget on the iPhone home screen.

Also apple could do more with proximity. For instance, I want a password on my device while at work, but not at home. That should be an easy addition given all the location apps there are.

I wonder if Apple prefes to have us hardwired to their Macs?

Gary

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
@oche - I wouldn't doubt it, I believe I saw something about a Mac patent related to authentication using proximity sensors, etc. Could you image the application of such technology like in the medical field.

Walking into a patients room automatically decrypts and displays his information to the doc on the iPad. In the meantime the service is checking thAt rf chip on the doc and the patient are in sync to ensure the appropriate info is displayed. Now that would be a really cool application for proximity authentication...

Oche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn. That's better than my idea. Now that you mention, I can see teachers and other businesses loving proximity aware devices and apps. Let's hope the future is soon :)

Gary

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walking into a patients room automatically decrypts and displays his information to the doc on the iPad. In the meantime the service is checking thAt rf chip on the doc and the patient are in sync to ensure the appropriate info is displayed. Now that would be a really cool application for proximity authentication...

Do you mean RFID application based ?

OP
S

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about editing songs on the device. Renaming songs.. Attaching emails. Not having the same OS as the iPhone or iPod

Most reactions

Latest posts