What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is left to add on iPad3? Worth the wait?

macman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are going to put an optical disc drive in them. So you can load huge apps, and it would create more foot traffic in the stores for them.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If iPad 3 comes out this year, I will eat it and post the video on here.

Apple will be too busy preparing the iPhone and IOS, never mind working on an iPad to launch with the iPods and any Macbook updates.

macman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't really that much stuff for them to work on. New macbook pros came out. The macbook and the iPod classic have reached their stopping point. The IOS developer group is going to be different from the iPad design group.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The faster CPU and refresh 9x faster are enough for me to order the IPad 2. Most likely the IPad 3 when ever it comes out will be another decision for greatest efficiency that I will foot the bill to get.

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the email from Apple about the iPad2 and went over and checked it out like Everybody did yesterday. I was not overly excited about it's specs though. There where no surprises yesterday, and that was really disappointing. In a desperate attempt to maintain it's dominance of the Tablet market, Apple dropped the ball, flat-out!! With 15 Million first generation units sold, Apple could've deviated from it's Yearly-Release schedule to produce another "magical tablet", with features far greater than Competitors current models. But Greed made Them Rush it instead. And some FOOLS are actually going the shell out another 800 just for a CAMERA and soon to be outdated PROCESSOR!!

The iPad2 is for those that didn't buy the First-Gen model. You can use Face-Time and record video on an iPhone. Why would buy an iPad2 just to do that????????????

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep seeing rumors of a 7inch for the iPad 3. I know Steve Jobs said he wouldn't do that but speculation is, that "IF" something was going to come out before Christmas this year it couldn't be another full size iPad??

Then again maybe this is it:

"Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1_r_61sk8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"

:)

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep seeing rumors of a 7inch for the iPad 3. I know Steve Jobs said he wouldn't do that but speculation is, that "IF" something was going to come out before Christmas this year it couldn't be another full size iPad??

Then again maybe this is it:

"Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1_r_61sk8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"

:)

Steve has said we aren't doing this to products before..eg iPod having a camera etc, but an 8 inch iPad, for example, might be interesting.

I've seen rumours of a 6 inch iPod touch, which could be released

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to see added ports for usb and a SD port for overall usability on v3, just dreaming.

NightHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Until it has a USB port for download, like my Mapsource program for the GPS, I'll stay with my 1st IPAD.....I wish the camera was an option, I don't want it....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But Greed made Them Rush it instead.

The iPad2 is for those that didn't buy the First-Gen model. You can use Face-Time and record video on an iPhone. Why would buy an iPad2 just to do that????????????

Greed made the rush it? Don't they typically release the next generation about a year later? It wasn't out 6 months later. Right? Admit it.

And ~

What about those of us that don't have an iPhone?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think "rush" would be more applicable to Apple's tablet competition, who must now be thinking about getting a time machine to turn the clock back three years.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah--I don't think Apple has rushed this so much. I can see why they issued an update in response to the competition, faster processor, cameras etc. Those two items just happen to not be items that make a difference to a user like me to need to upgrade, but others use graphics and might want to use Face Time, etc.
And Apple has left the price point the exact same for the new models-the base wifi only 16 MB is still a feasible option for people-still an offering I'm not sure I've seen elsewhere.
The other thing is-it's definitely typical to update each year anyway. so I'm not surprised. I had an idea of what the specs might be, but it was all rumor until the end-ended up being about what I might have guessed, but I think it will sell just fine mixed in with current iPad owners that will skip a generation.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Frankly by this time next year when so called ipad3 may arrive i would not be surprised if the only connector on board will be Thunderbolt providing they can make it small enough for the iPad. This would satisfy any users regardless of what they have. But in saying that one of the prime reason for no additional ports is Apple is moving to cloud syncing and moving away from sd slots, USB etc. So it is any one's guess

Most reactions

Latest posts