What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I buy my IPad3 now (timing)

Bdenuto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am planning on buying my first Ipad, and was wondering what people thought. Will there be enough of a change to the IPad3 (next version) that they say will be announced in September to make it worth while waiting? How big a deal are the changes that they say are coming? When do you think the new version be available? Any ideas / opinions welcome.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is pure opinion, and nothing else, but the question allows for this, so...

Future iPads may go to a 16:9 screen format, in line with the next iPhone.
We will probably see a move to the new smaller dock connector.
Storage size could increase to 128Gb.
Screen resolution is unlikely to improve much, if any.
The hardware home button will probably disappear.

If you have access to many accessories such as docks, now would be a good time to buy, although new accessories will not be far behind iDevices with the new size connector.

There's my 2c. Hope it helps with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The New iPad was just released in March 2012, don't be expecting a next version for another eight months or so. It is the iPhone 5 and the baby iPad that will be announced on September 12. The smaller iPad will, so the rumors say, have less content than the current full sized New iPad in order to meet a less than $300 price point. If you want a small iPad then a week after September 12 you can probably have one. IMHO, that's too small for my needs. I have had an iPad, iPad2 and, since March, the New iPad and each has been an improvement over the previous, obviously. I read books, review photos (I'm a photographer), and watch movies on my iPad and don't want smaller.

Most reactions

Latest posts