What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy iPad2 or wait for iPad3?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Milanno said:
In some way you are right. But in my opinion Apple is pretty consistent with releasing new stuff. I was planning to buy iPad 2 by end of the 2011, but I knew that they will release new iPad about March, so I waited. If I see that iPad 3 is not big improvement over iPad 2, I will simply take discounted iPad 2 :)

That's smart!!! I am very happy with my iPad 2. I will check out the new iPad at the Apple store when it is released.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2using iPF

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the 2, in 64GB 3G, knowing that I would have the highest resale value to upgrade to the 3... Maybe that's an option.

Maybe I am not right person to give you advice, but sell that iPad 2 as soon as possible! After iPad 3 release, new iPad 2 will go down significantly in stores & same situation will be with used iPad 2, because all iPad 2 owners will start selling their`s to get iPad 3.

Please take my opinion with reserve, those are my thoughts based on analyses when iPad 2 was released.

winaje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe I am not right person to give you advice, but sell that iPad 2 as soon as possible! After iPad 3 release, new iPad 2 will go down significantly in stores & same situation will be with used iPad 2, because all iPad 2 owners will start selling their`s to get iPad 3.

Please take my opinion with reserve, those are my thoughts based on analyses when iPad 2 was released.
Thanks Milanno. Fortunately I will probably sell it to the company I work for, at about 75% of what I bought it for

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milanno said:

I totally agree...I just listed mine for $400 and sold it within 5minutes, after release of 3 I'msure they will be going for 300 new....

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
exile said:
Sold mine already. Now impatiently waiting for the 3 :p

Cool!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exile said:
Sold mine already. Now impatiently waiting for the 3 :p

What are you using in the meantime...I plan on shipping my 2 on Friday and I can't imagine going back to my laptop...

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might think I am insane for saying this.... But all year.. last semester.. August to December and this semester.... I didn't set up TV or internet in my apt. Last year in college.. which happens to be the toughest year for me.. can't have any distractions..

So I do all my internet on my phone.

What will I do in the mean time until the 3? Tough it out really :eek:

Although, each day I do get a little more impatient.. eargly awaiting the arrival of this new awesomeness.

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
all year.. last semester.. August to December and this semester.... I didn't set up TV or internet in my apt. Last year in college.. which happens to be the toughest year for me.. can't have any distractions..

So I do all my internet on my phone.

I like to do same thing when I study :) Just checking basic informations & e-mail via phone!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
exile said:
And your reasoning for that is....?

Might be cheaper than 3 as the price will go down once it comes out.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I bought the 2, in 64GB 3G, knowing that I would have the highest resale value to upgrade to the 3... Maybe that's an option.

Why not just purchase the iPad from best buy with extended warrenty?
New iPad is released, you take the old one in and say that its not performing well any more and have them exchange it for an iPad 3.

Once they exchange the iPad out for the new one, You will have to just pay for a new replacement plan to be able to do the same thing 1 year later for the next generation iPad.

Most reactions