What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is left to add on iPad3? Worth the wait?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just wondering some opinions on what would make the iPad3 better than the iPad2?

What is left to add? I'm thinkin I may wait until iPad3 ~ but I want some experts to tell me what could be added!

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An HD display, like the current iPhone 4's Retina display. That was the dealbreaker for me on the iPad2. They can also add USB 3.0 and a cardreader.

Last edited:

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will probably need a 3D display to compete, as other tabs are likely to have 3D by this time next year...

BTW, is this now the official iPad3 rumor thread? LOL

Last edited:

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm waiting as well for V3. Not sure what feature exactly I'm waiting for at this point, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

How about a button to make gold appear out of thin air?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm waiting as well. Not sure for what LOL. Right now my gen 1 is sufficient and 2 doesn't appear to offer anything I need right now. There are certainly improvements that are needed . An example: I dislike the photo app and have to resort to 3rd party apps for organization. As they say, I'll know it when I see it.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's only one person who knows what the iPad3 will have... and he's not talking!

stevejobs.jpg

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For me the iPad2 will do fine until I can think of something :)
When we can get a device that can run garage band freely, theres little in the way of normal software that it won't be able to run.
The next big hurdle will be screen resolution and with that I would expect a major cpu/gpu/ram upgrade as it will provide the opportunity for major graphics editing.

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS support to move files Move files ot and from iPad via USB or Sd. A Processor capable of streaming media, while still having the ability to use other Applications. Hands free protocol for Bluetooth headsets with Mics for placing calls over 3G or wifi etc.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Likely changes will include:
SD card support
Higher resolution screen
More RAM
Faster processor
At some point, I expect that they will add a mini USB port for charging to comply with EEC regulations. The iPhone will probably get it first, so we will have a good idea of how they will implement the change. iPod port does too many things to easily be dismissed and if they do add Thunderbolt, it might be easier to do it as a dongle. I can envision a mini USB port on the side, so that when the iPad is on a generic stand, it can be charged in portrait position.

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At this itme I am think, eh...dual core...not a big deal since apps don't even know what to do with the second core. Without true multitasking, who cares about dual core. So iPad 2 is not that appealing.

However...how quickly will devleopers start polishing their apps to take advanatge of the second core? Does 4.3 take advantage of it? In a few months will my iPad start becoming laggy because I don't have a second core?

These questions keep me interested. But until my iPad starts becoming more of a door stop, I am waiting for something a little more remarkable. And pissing and moaning that I could have saved a hundred bucks by waiting just a few months for this iPad I have. LOL Had the same feeling when I bought my truck...and the wife's SUV...and the boat...and the camper...and the TV...sigh...

Nate

iPad100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More RAM (say 1GB), and more storage space (I was expecting the choices to be 32, 64 and 128 GB for iPad2). ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts