What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very disappointed with ios 4.2

Johnyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem.

Resolved it by disabling wifi security on the router. Not the best solution, but will do for the short term. Hope this helps.

For others perhaps try changing from WPA to WEP.

Phil Ell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is it worth it?

is it worth throwing out my jailbreak to upgrade. I am having issues with some apps and I think it might be related to my older OS.

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a thread that looks like it has a lot of people unhappy with 4.2.1, but when you read the thread you find more people satisfied then dissatisfied.

But just the title alone makes threads like this: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/13600-why-would-i-want-upgrade-4-2-1-a.html

Which also makes people think negatively about the upgrade. The majority of satisfied people don't make a headline that say's "I love 4.2.1"

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Um... I love it! I'm pretty obsessive about upgrading my apps every time they want upgrading. I hate seeing those little numbers float in the upper right hand corner of the App Store icon. I've not had any issue at all with the new OS. My wifi is perfect, and if anything, I notice that in the 3.2.2, I could plug my iPad to charge it up and it would show 100% in a difficult-to-believe short amount of time. Now the charge time seems to me more realistic. The whole deal with the screen flip is just a matter of getting used to a new way, and in all truth, I was always leery about using a mechanical button which is subject to wear for a feature that I was flicking back and forth quite a lot.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem.

Resolved it by disabling wifi security on the router. Not the best solution, but will do for the short term. Hope this helps.

For others perhaps try changing from WPA to WEP.

Obligatory Public service Announcement: WEP is very easy to crack. There are many articles posted around the web on how to hack it's encryption keys. Do not use WEP unless your router provides no other choice.

WPA2 is much more secure, just as fast as WEP and available on most modern hardware.

Just a friendly piece of advice trying to make the Internet safer, one device at a time. ;)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obligatory Public service Announcement: WEP is very easy to crack. There are many articles posted around the web on how to hack it's encryption keys. Do not use WEP unless your router provides no other choice.

WPA2 is much more secure, just as fast as WEP and available on most modern hardware.

Just a friendly piece of advice trying to make the Internet safer, one device at a time. ;)

Well Shitums ~ now I wanna know what I have! How do I find out?

Sorry for the mini-hi-jack. Wrecklass's fault.:D

Johnyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

totally agree. Like I said, not the best solution. Fortunately I live in the middle of nowhere and I can't even find my own router from the drive so I'm reasonably happy to turn off my security - for now.

Joa66Dea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife who has no idea about running multiple apps or anything else uses her IPad to browse for on line shopping, etc. We upgraded the IPad to the new OS yesterday and the first time she used it today she said "What did you do to my IPad, it is extremely slow and it gets stuck on store web pages that I was looking at on Friday. I can't use it the way it is working."

Bill

iPadMomma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Messed Things Up

I started organizing my apps into folders and my iPad suddenly reorganized everything in ABC order. I wasn't too pleased to have taken the time to do some organization only to have it do something on its own. I never had my iPod do that on me.

In addition I have noticed a big change in speed for the worse. It lags when I press things on the screen. I'm glad for people who have had a trouble-free experience but I'm not one of them. I'm still keeping 4.2 but I hope they get an update out to solve the issues.

Most reactions