What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very disappointed with ios 4.2

The-Shadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the mute switch issue, but my battery life is off the hook now! It's been three days since I last charged my iPad and my battery is at 60%. This is with moderate use to check email, surf the web, using my 3G radio for navigation on the road, etc.

Before this update, it was going down 10% an hour. This now makes all the issues I hade before moot, I'm glad I did the upgrade, the battery life increase is gold.

Vatundra1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back to having the same problems. It seems to get worse the further I am from the router. I never had any problems before the update... Now it's hit or miss, even with the network fixes I've tried. Getting super frustrated. To reiterate: I've tried resettin the network settings on the iPad, reset the router. It was working fine for a few days, but today it's back to intermittent signal, low download speeds or pages /apps not loading at all.

Vatundra1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told that the "RESTORE" would just wipe it clean but still leave the os4.2 installed.
Since I did not have any problems with the ipad before the update...i dont see why "restoring" it to a blank 4.2 os will help.
I've also read that some others with the same problems have done a "restore" and it did not fix the issue.
Keeping my fingers crossed that apple releases an update soon.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason a restore (complete start from scratch wipe) might help is because there is the possibility that during the install, one little 0 or 1 got corrupted or misplaced which leads that entire string to not work. So restoring the iPad gives it a chance to install correctly this time. No, it won't fix the problem for everyone, but it has fixed the problem for some. It's worth a shot.

Vatundra1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed, its worth a shot. I'm just nervous about a restore... being able to use the ipad sometimes is better than not being able to use it at all if something with the restore goes horribly wrong.
My feeling is that there is enough of us with this problem....eventually apple should release a fix. From what I've seen here and other forums - there's no "fix" we can perform on our end.

Most reactions

Latest posts