What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons the iPad is Better than a Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting

Left off

Forces you to move to a new email app because it will not support Outlook, which the vast majority of users know and love

Will not play any of the vast family of online games for windows

Our netbook is well made, has run 24/7 for over a year, connects via internal wireless N, runs Win XP and all the apps you want. Its a tiny laptop.

Its not an IPAD but then the IPAD is not a real computer yet, let alone netbook.

The IPAD is directed at NON computer users and early adopters. If it gets too much like a real computer then it will loose its target audience which is the market that do NOT want a real computer and it will steal sales from other Apple computers.

The genius of the IPAD is that it is NOT a netbook let alone a real computer.

I'm curious...if you hate the iPad so much why are you posting in an iPad forum?

By your posts you obviously don't own one, so you really are not an authority on the subject and as for your complaints.

1) I don't know anyone that uses Outlook (maybe my grandparents...) since it is the WORST email client available on any system, and it is the entrypoint for most viruses. Even when I was forced to use Windows and Gmail didn't exist I used Thunderbird.

2) A netbook won't run the vast majority of windows games either!! Are you playing minesweeper or something? The only games that will run on an underpowered netbook are casual games....all of which are available in the app store.

3) So you are comparing a modern seriously optimized mobile OS to windows XP? Really? That's not even the last out of date windows version...might as well be running windows 2000.

4) I don't really know what your definition of a "real computer" is but you obviously don't own an iPad if you can make that assumption.

5) Wow....I am a "real computer user" I am expert in usage and maintenance of all windows classes, Mac OS, Linux, and I have even used Silicon Graphics Unix for a couple years in the 90s...and I love my iPad. Again, try not to make these ridiculous assumptions before actually using the device.

6) The genius of the iPad is that it transcends a netbook and a "real" computer.

Obviously "the elder" is an accurate callsign since you would have to be extremely old and set in your ways to have this point of view.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL I added him to my ignore list earlier for all the reasons you posted. He is basically a windoze lover come here to bitch and whine.

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Left off

Forces you to move to a new email app because it will not support Outlook, which the vast majority of users know and love

Our netbook is well made, has run 24/7 for over a year, connects via internal wireless N, runs Win XP and all the apps you want. Its a tiny laptop.

Its not an IPAD but then the IPAD is not a real computer yet, let alone netbook.

The IPAD is directed at NON computer users and early adopters. If it gets too much like a real computer then it will loose its target audience which is the market that do NOT want a real computer and it will steal sales from other Apple computers.

I'm curious...if you hate the iPad so much why are you posting in an iPad forum?

By your posts you obviously don't own one, so you really are not an authority on the subject and as for your complaints.

1) I don't know anyone that uses Outlook (maybe my grandparents...) since it is the WORST email client available on any system, and it is the entrypoint for most viruses. Even when I was forced to use Windows and Gmail didn't exist I used Thunderbird.

2) A netbook won't run the vast majority of windows games either!! Are you playing minesweeper or something? The only games that will run on an underpowered netbook are casual games....all of which are available in the app store.

3) So you are comparing a modern seriously optimized mobile OS to windows XP? Really? That's not even the last out of date windows version...might as well be running windows 2000.

4) I don't really know what your definition of a "real computer" is but you obviously don't own an iPad if you can make that assumption.

5) Wow....I am a "real computer user" I am expert in usage and maintenance of all windows classes, Mac OS, Linux, and I have even used Silicon Graphics Unix for a couple years in the 90s...and I love my iPad. Again, try not to make these ridiculous assumptions before actually using the device.

6) The genius of the iPad is that it transcends a netbook and a "real" computer.

Obviously "the elder" is an accurate callsign since you would have to be extremely old and set in your ways to have this point of view.

To one and all who have not participated in personal attacks and worse incoherent and frivolous discourse, I apologize for the length of this response. To all of you who participated, please read on and consider this directed at you as well.

Thanks

I feel the need to address your comments, though I am pretty sure that you lack the ability to hold a diverse thought in your closed mind.

First I do not hate the IPAD. Where did you come up with the word HATE? Why does my stating the facts as I see them immediately turn into hate in your mind? How can you hate a collection of hardware and software? Why do you take an interesting technical discussion and turn it into something personal and feel the need to anthropomorphize the IPAD device and say that anyone who has what you consider a negative comment is a hater? What could possibly be going on in your mind that takes my words and draws this conclusion? Are you a hater? If you see a brown dog in the road and say “I see a brown dog with short legs” and you automatically hate the brown dog? Are you capable of logical thought and coherent discussion? Or do you just run on emotion and mostly anger?

I have not made a single complaint. You have somehow taken what I believe are statements of fact and turned them into a love hate thing. I was stating my observations. YOU are the one who turned that into an emotional argument. I would greatly appreciate learning from you the factual evidence that proves my observations wrong. Please. Provide them

I hesitate to get into this level of detail but its just too good an opportunity to pass up.

You wrote:
“By your posts you obviously don't own one, so you really are not an authority on the subject and as for your complaints.“

As stated above I do own one.
Owning one makes one an authority on the subject? What subject? Your statement is totally lacking in actual content. I would greatly appreciate your taking this sentence, my additional inputs, going and thinking about them for a while and then coming back with something that adds to the discussion, is in understandable English and makes a contribution over and above throwing your stewed peas at the wall.

And what complaints? Again, I was stating facts and my observations. I did not see a complaint. The complaint is in YOUR eyes not mine. I must say that it appears that you are the one who has the inferiority complex and not I. I embrace diversity and have both Phillips and flat head screwdrivers in my tool box. I do not choose one over the other and then say “if you use a . . .. screw driver you are a hater and stupid!” which seems to me to be what you are doing.

I do own an IPAD. The wife and I use it daily. We got ours on 3 April, my birthday. It was my birthday present to me. I am considering getting a second one for her because she keeps taking it away from me. If it were possible I would say I LOVE my IPAD. But since its not something that can be loved or hated, I enjoy it greatly. I bought new lug nuts for my car, read some of my book and checked Drudge while taking a bath last night. She plays a madning tile game on it and loves it.

Your comment #1
Whether you like it or not, Outlook is the application used by the vast majority of the business world. It is fully featured, well understood, and everyone I need to communicate with on a regular basis uses it. I choose to use it for those reasons. Plus it just works. I do not know your grandparents but would like to meet them and share with them the disrespectful and shallow way that you choose to communicate your opinion. I suspect they would turn you over their knee and have a communication session with you that you appear to be sadly much in need of right now. My personal experience is that I have never gotten a virus from outlook or via any other means. Much like the rest of life, virus protection is a matter of personal responsibility and preparation. I have learned what measures to take and take them so it has not been a problem. Personally my opinion is that when we have enough Apples in daily use to make it worth the effort then they too will become the victim of attacks. While they do have the advantage of their kernel being less vulnerable, since being forced to migrate to an intel platform, they are more vulnerable as a result. And as they continue to prosper and penetrate the ever growing market, they will become targets. My greatest concern is that since the Apple OS has not had to work with protection they will suffer a period where they will be more vulnerable until the protection software catches up with the level of maturity that other OS’s have been forced to achieve.

Your comment #2
I can only speak for my own experience. How about you? Our Dell netbook runs Windows XP and is only limited by memory and CPU. I have to ask, what hands on experience do you have with a netbook that makes you qualified to make this statement? Ours is connected via built in wireless N and is constrained only by memory, keyboard size and screen size. And you can play WOW on netbooks! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARFcfrEbKXs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARFcfrEbKXs[/ame]

Your comment #3
I have to question your experience and credentials for making this broad statement. My intention was not to compare the two as they are NOT comparable. The OS on my Iphone is a nice OS and well designed for the device and the desired functionality. But it is severely limited by the platform. It is very good at doing what it was designed to do, but it is not designed to do generalized computing. To me, you use the argument that the netbook is "no good" because it’s small and has few resources, then say that the Iphone and IPAD are "great" while they both share many of the same platform specific limitations. The IPAD is great at what it does and in your vernacular I LOVE MY IPAD but I would never think of trying to actually type this missive on an IPAD. On the other hand, I would never think of taking my netbook into the bathtub or try reading a book in bed with it, both of which the IPAD is very good at. They are NOT the same. The IPAD will never replace my netbook or laptop. But it does add new functionality that I greatly enjoy. Your statement is inane (for you http://www.thefreedictionary.com/inane)

Your comment #4
Fair comment. Here is my working definition of a computer http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/computer.html
“personal computer : A small, single-user computer based on a microprocessor. In addition to the microprocessor, a personal computer has a keyboard for entering data, a monitor for displaying information, and a storage device for saving data’

While the IPAD does meet the above generalized definition, for me and only ME, it is not a “real” computer because it is only with the greatest difficulty that I can get it to connect to and share data with my servers, I cannot yet listen to music while I type a missive as I am doing currently, I cannot do web searches while typing, I cannot write code on it and plot the orbit of the moon, I cannot easily install that dreaded but ubiquitous email tool Outlook. In short, there are a plethora of cannots that the IPAD brings with it that even a Macbook and at least my personal netbook do not.

And I do not consider the built in keyboard of the IPAD a “real” production quality keyboard. This was stated as my opinion and observation. You choose to interpret it as an assumption on my part which only reflects on your own thought process and cognitive abilities.

Your comment #5

I have to say that I found your statement “try not to make these ridiculous assumptions before actually using the device” very entertaining. You are accusing me of making ridiculous assumptions based on lack of actual knowledge . . and then you execute the same characteristic behavior. As stated above, I have actual experience.

And I have to say that I am confused by the lack of coherence in your statements if what you say about your personal experience is true. And the personal attacks. If you were a computer professional in the 90s, then you had to be, what in your 20s then? Had some secondary education, maybe college? So that would make you in your 40s or perhaps 50s currently? I find it mystifying that a person can actually live in a social and work environment for 40 or more years and still not have learned the social graces. Or effective communication. Or perhaps even how to read critically vice emotionally. But maybe I am miss interpreting the tone of your comments as a personal attack based on no actual information or data. My bad. I guess I will just have to leave you with this comment and not even try to unconfused you.

Your comment #6
You stated “Obviously "the elder" is an accurate callsign since you would have to be extremely old and set in your ways to have this point of view”

In the vernacular Whisky Tango Foxtrot Oscar? My observation was that the IPAD transcends the normal definitions. Yet you feel the need to attack me? Me and Steve both apparently agree that the IPAD is very different from anything that has gone before and you attack me? Make age related attacks?

Were this the 1700s Sir (and I use the term loosely) I would have my second come visit you and demand satisfaction. Were we in the same room I would have to consider spanking you. But you have done more harm to your own dignity than I could ever do so I guess I will just leave you to hoist with your own petard.

I am the elder because I have a son who shares my name and is perforce “the younger”.

You, Sir are lacking in the social graces, have demonstrated no coherent thought but have attempted to make up for it through personal attacks, name calling and incoherent babblings.

I recommend that you seek counseling and some additional education in the technical field of your choice.

Written by a 30+ year Electrical / System Engineering Professional
Combat vet with 6 years enlisted time and 10 years commissioned time in the US Army
Father of 2 sons
Husband for 42 years
Currently own and operate 21 computers including multiple Apple and Intel platforms
On line gamer – Tribes, Tribes 2, Planetside, WOW, and STEAM
And Bronco’s fan
Owner and maintainer of two Kappa Roadsters
First computer was a Timex
Owned Vic 20, Vic 64, Commodor 64, Commodor 128, Amiga, CompuAd, Dell, Mac, home brewed
Built my first computer in 1994
And firm believer in:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to me it fills a basic fuction when traveling and iam away from the desktop at the apt ..it apples and oranges to me but some of the people see a diff way.. but it it fills this role when traveling and one use in one daily life ..

so here are my basic reason why i like it better than a laptop or netbook for travel ..

1-large screen easlyer to see the programs great for my eyes for the little screen on the Iphone was a little hard to see even with reading glass on ..

2-simple to use O.S for me at least

3-check and send email as it need as long as i have Wifi in the area i can check and send emails as i need .

4-check online tracking orders for things i have bought over the internet along with basic websurfing of the sites i like to surf ..my hunting and outdoor website --news website and movie and book resaler websites etc etc

5-basic mp3 player for me when traveling or down time here and there when iam in the hotel

6-game i like the simple games application that i the Iphone has and they work great on the Ipad unit ..

7-use of the basic applications i have to keep track of things ..along with the desktop list maker set up for checking off items in the store for shopping -

8-lightwieght easly to carry with you on a daily bases with not a lot of items to carry with you ..simple 3-items to keep with you take care of the unit is the following things-x-1- power -x-2-clean the screen-x-3-set of earphones to listen to music along with slip carrying case to protect of the unit for travel inside the bag and you got the basic for travel down
not like a laptop with extras items like a mouse and a printer or something else you might need to carry when traveling ..

9-long battery life ..not haveing to recharge or plug into a wall outlet at some place just to make through a meeting or at the hotel for just to listen to music ..

10.instast on no waiting for the whole thing to boot up it ready when i need to check something or do something it ready to go when iam ready to go ..

11-my best and biggest one for my buying it was it has no CAMERA .god how i hate those things on the computer ..and people iam little out there when i say that a camera on or in a computer can be use to spy on you:mad:..just take the case out in philly where they where backdooring the camera feed into the kids rooms ..if that not a case of oversteping your bounds ..then i do not know what is ..

love it or hate it it a simple basic machine unit that can be use for in one life for basic simple task ..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Left off

To one and all who have not participated in personal attacks and worse incoherent and frivolous discourse, I apologize for the length of this response. To all of you who participated, please read on and consider this directed at you as well.

Thanks

I feel the need to address your comments, though I am pretty sure that you lack the ability to hold a diverse thought in your closed mind.

First I do not hate the IPAD. Where did you come up with the word HATE? Why does my stating the facts as I see them immediately turn into hate in your mind? How can you hate a collection of hardware and software? Why do you take an interesting technical discussion and turn it into something personal and feel the need to anthropomorphize the IPAD device and say that anyone who has what you consider a negative comment is a hater? What could possibly be going on in your mind that takes my words and draws this conclusion? Are you a hater? If you see a brown dog in the road and say “I see a brown dog with short legs†and you automatically hate the brown dog? Are you capable of logical thought and coherent discussion? Or do you just run on emotion and mostly anger?

I have not made a single complaint. You have somehow taken what I believe are statements of fact and turned them into a love hate thing. I was stating my observations. YOU are the one who turned that into an emotional argument. I would greatly appreciate learning from you the factual evidence that proves my observations wrong. Please. Provide them

I hesitate to get into this level of detail but its just too good an opportunity to pass up.

You wrote:
“By your posts you obviously don't own one, so you really are not an authority on the subject and as for your complaints.“

Owning one makes one an authority on the subject? What subject? Your statement is totally lacking in actual content. I would greatly appreciate your taking this sentence, my additional inputs, going and thinking about them for a while and then coming back with something that adds to the discussion, is in understandable English and makes a contribution over and above throwing your stewed peas at the wall.

And what complaints? Again, I was stating facts and my observations. I did not see a complaint. The complaint is in YOUR eyes not mine. I must say that it appears that you are the one who has the inferiority complex and not I. I embrace diversity and have both Phillips and flat head screwdrivers in my tool box. I do not choose one over the other and then say “if you use a . . .. screw driver you are a hater and stupid!†which seems to me to be what you are doing.

I do own an IPAD. The wife and I use it daily. We got ours on 3 April, my birthday. It was my birthday present to me. I am considering getting a second one for her because she keeps taking it away from me. If it were possible I would say I LOVE my IPAD. But since its not something that can be loved or hated, I enjoy it greatly. I bought new lug nuts for my car, read some of my book and checked Drudge while taking a bath last night. She plays a madning tile game on it and loves it.

Your comment #1
Whether you like it or not, Outlook is the application used by the vast majority of the business world. It is fully featured, well understood, and everyone I need to communicate with on a regular basis uses it. I choose to use it for those reasons. Plus it just works. I do not know your grandparents but would like to meet them and share with them the disrespectful and shallow way that you choose to communicate your opinion. I suspect they would turn you over their knee and have a communication session with you that you appear to be sadly much in need of right now. My personal experience is that I have never gotten a virus from outlook or via any other means. Much like the rest of life, virus protection is a matter of personal responsibility and preparation. I have learned what measures to take and take them so it has not been a problem. Personally my opinion is that when we have enough Apples in daily use to make it worth the effort then they too will become the victim of attacks. While they do have the advantage of their kernel being less vulnerable, since being forced to migrate to an intel platform, they are more vulnerable as a result. And as they continue to prosper and penetrate the ever growing market, they will become targets. My greatest concern is that since the Apple OS has not had to work with protection they will suffer a period where they will be more vulnerable until the protection software catches up with the level of maturity that other OS’s have been forced to achieve.

Your comment #2
I can only speak for my own experience. How about you? Our Dell netbook runs Windows XP and is only limited by memory and CPU. I have to ask, what hands on experience do you have with a netbook that makes you qualified to make this statement? Ours is connected via built in wireless N and is constrained only by memory, keyboard size and screen size. And you can play WOW on netbooks! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARFcfrEbKXs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARFcfrEbKXs[/ame]

Your comment #3
I have to question your experience and credentials for making this broad statement. My intention was not to compare the two as they are NOT comparable. The OS on my Iphone is a nice OS and well designed for the device and the desired functionality. But it is severely limited by the platform. It is very good at doing what it was designed to do, but it is not designed to do generalized computing. To me, you use the argument that the netbook is "no good" because it’s small and has few resources, then say that the Iphone and IPAD are "great" while they both share many of the same platform specific limitations. The IPAD is great at what it does and in your vernacular I LOVE MY IPAD but I would never think of trying to actually type this missive on an IPAD. On the other hand, I would never think of taking my netbook into the bathtub or try reading a book in bed with it, both of which the IPAD is very good at. They are NOT the same. The IPAD will never replace my netbook or laptop. But it does add new functionality that I greatly enjoy. Your statement is inane (for you http://www.thefreedictionary.com/inane)

Your comment #4
Fair comment. Here is my working definition of a computer http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/computer.html
“personal computer : A small, single-user computer based on a microprocessor. In addition to the microprocessor, a personal computer has a keyboard for entering data, a monitor for displaying information, and a storage device for saving data’

While the IPAD does meet the above generalized definition, for me and only ME, it is not a “real†computer because it is only with the greatest difficulty that I can get it to connect to and share data with my servers, I cannot yet listen to music while I type a missive as I am doing currently, I cannot do web searches while typing, I cannot write code on it and plot the orbit of the moon, I cannot easily install that dreaded but ubiquitous email tool Outlook. In short, there are a plethora of cannots that the IPAD brings with it that even a Macbook and at least my personal netbook do not.

And I do not consider the built in keyboard of the IPAD a “real†production quality keyboard. This was stated as my opinion and observation. You choose to interpret it as an assumption on my part which only reflects on your own thought process and cognitive abilities.

Your comment #5

I have to say that I found your statement “try not to make these ridiculous assumptions before actually using the device†very entertaining. You are accusing me of making ridiculous assumptions based on lack of actual knowledge . . and then you execute the same characteristic behavior. As stated above, I have actual experience.

And I have to say that I am confused by the lack of coherence in your statements if what you say about your personal experience is true. And the personal attacks. If you were a computer professional in the 90s, then you had to be, what in your 20s then? Had some secondary education, maybe college? So that would make you in your 40s or perhaps 50s currently? I find it mystifying that a person can actually live in a social and work environment for 40 or more years and still not have learned the social graces. Or effective communication. Or perhaps even how to read critically vice emotionally. But maybe I am miss interpreting the tone of your comments as a personal attack based on no actual information or data. My bad. I guess I will just have to leave you with this comment and not even try to unconfused you.

Your comment #6
You stated “Obviously "the elder" is an accurate callsign since you would have to be extremely old and set in your ways to have this point of viewâ€

In the vernacular Whisky Tango Foxtrot Oscar? My observation was that the IPAD transcends the normal definitions. Yet you feel the need to attack me? Me and Steve both apparently agree that the IPAD is very different from anything that has gone before and you attack me? Make age related attacks?

Were this the 1700s Sir (and I use the term loosely) I would have my second come visit you and demand satisfaction. Were we in the same room I would have to consider spanking you. But you have done more harm to your own dignity than I could ever do so I guess I will just leave you to hoist with your own petard.

I am the elder because I have a son who shares my name and is perforce “the youngerâ€.

You, Sir are lacking in the social graces, have demonstrated no coherent thought but have attempted to make up for it through personal attacks, name calling and incoherent babblings.

I recommend that you seek counseling and some additional education in the technical field of your choice.

Combat vet with 6 years enlisted time and 10 years commissioned time in the US Army
Father of 2 sons
Husband for 42 years
Currently own and operate 21 computers including multiple Apple and Intel platforms
And Bronco’s fan
Owned Vic 20, Vic 64, Commodor 64, Commodor 128, Amiga, CompuAd, Dell, Mac, home brewed
And firm believer in:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects

Are you done yet? You know everything everyone else is beneath you...great. I'm done discussing this with you...anyone else want to contribute without having to bring dueling pistols to the table?

Lighten up.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So hilarious. As if people don't know what each does. And are ill informed. In my case I have an itouch and have used desktops and laptops for years. Its just dumb to get into an argument over which is better when they are obviously designed with different purposes in mind.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So hilarious. As if people don't know what each does. And are ill informed. In my case I have an itouch and have used desktops and laptops for years. Its just dumb to get into an argument over which is better when they are obviously designed with different purposes in mind.

I agree, I consider it a wonderful desktop extender. I use my mac for anything big and usually while at home, and the iPad is excellent at work and on the couch, which is why I understand it as a netbook replacement...not a desktop tho.

I def see it as a compliment device.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone has their own reasons. For me I'm phasing out my newspaper and subscibe to rss feeds fom a wide range of sources.....gizmodo, crunchgear, google news, etc. So I bought Newsrack which I think is an excellent newsreader. I also get news and info from twitter. I'm using both Ibooks and the Kindle app to DL books. All this works great on a tablet (BTW, ESPN XL is an excellent companion) that is on, on demand.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone has their own reasons. For me I'm phasing out my newspaper and subscibe to rss feeds fom a wide range of sources.....gizmodo, crunchgear, google news, etc. So I bought Newsrack which I think is an excellent newsreader. I also get news and info from twitter. I'm using both Ibooks and the Kindle app to DL books. All this works great on a tablet (BTW, ESPN XL is an excellent companion) that is on, on demand.

Have you found a good rss google reader app? I have tried a couple of them but they all have really bad layouts that are not cohesive to easy reading...so I just use the google reader site...but I would rather have a good reader app.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as Outlook is concerned, do not blame Apple, blame Microsoft. They are the ones that left out Outlook in Office for Mac and gave us Entourage. They have realized their mistake and we will see Outlook in future versions of Office. As for know and love Outlook, that is like being tasered and saying you like the tingle. IMHO. Outlook has some good features, but it is not my favorite program.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks

First I do not hate the IPAD. Where did you come up with the word HATE? Why does my stating the facts as I see them immediately turn into hate in your mind? How can you hate a collection of hardware and software? Why do you take an interesting technical discussion and turn it into something personal and feel the need to anthropomorphize the IPAD device and say that anyone who has what you consider a negative comment is a hater? What could possibly be going on in your mind that takes my words and draws this conclusion? Are you a hater? If you see a brown dog in the road and say “I see a brown dog with short legs†and you automatically hate the brown dog? Are you capable of logical thought and coherent discussion? Or do you just run on emotion and mostly anger?

You wrote:

And what complaints? Again, I was stating facts and my observations. I did not see a complaint. The complaint is in YOUR eyes not mine. I must say that it appears that you are the one who has the inferiority complex and not I. I embrace diversity and have both Phillips and flat head screwdrivers in my tool box. I do not choose one over the other and then say “if you use a . . .. screw driver you are a hater and stupid!†which seems to me to be what you are doing.

Your comment #1

Your comment #2

Your comment #3

Your comment #4

While the IPAD does meet the above generalized definition, for me and only ME, it is not a “real†computer because it is only with the greatest difficulty that I can get it to connect to and share data with my servers, I cannot yet listen to music while I type a missive as I am doing currently, I cannot do web searches while typing, I cannot write code on it and plot the orbit of the moon, I cannot easily install that dreaded but ubiquitous email tool Outlook. In short, there are a plethora of cannots that the IPAD brings with it that even a Macbook and at least my personal netbook do not.

And I do not consider the built in keyboard of the IPAD a “real†production quality keyboard. This was stated as my opinion and observation. You choose to interpret it as an assumption on my part which only reflects on your own thought process and cognitive abilities.

Your comment #5

I have to say that I found your statement “try not to make these ridiculous assumptions before actually using the device†very entertaining. You are accusing me of making ridiculous assumptions based on lack of actual knowledge . . and then you execute the same characteristic behavior. As stated above, I have actual experience.

Your comment #6
You stated “Obviously "the elder" is an accurate callsign since you would have to be extremely old and set in your ways to have this point of viewâ€

I am the elder because I have a son who shares my name and is perforce “the youngerâ€.

Father of 2 sons
Husband for 42 years
And Bronco’s fan
And firm believer in:

Are you done yet? You know everything everyone else is beneath you...great. I'm done discussing this with you...anyone else want to contribute without having to bring dueling pistols to the table?

Lighten up.

I totally agree it is over the top lets keep it on track not make it personal :)

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have you found a good rss google reader app? I have tried a couple of them but they all have really bad layouts that are not cohesive to easy reading...so I just use the google reader site...but I would rather have a good reader app.

Newsrack. I've been through a dozen or so combined on my Droid and the iPad and I think this one is good as any I've tried. One critisism is that it doesn't have a universal mark all read....you have to do that in each feed.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Newsrack. I've been through a dozen or so combined on my Droid and the iPad and I think this one is good as any I've tried. One critisism is that it doesn't have a universal mark all read....you have to do that in each feed.

well i tend to make it thru all of my feed items. Does it at least have an intuitive way to go to the next item like a swipe or a left right screen button like newsrob on android? The last one I used it was really annoying to go to the next item and it wouldn't display all of my items.

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.nibirutech.com/mobilerss-google-reader-iphone.html

• mobile_rss_logo_font.gif

http://www.nibirutech.com/mobilerss-google-reader-iphone.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts