What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Reason for No Flash

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was no accident.

Wait, what? I didn't say that.

Ninja: If you don't plan on buying an iPad, and you hate it so much, why do you hang around on this site? Just to try to bring down the rest of us who actually are interested in the iPad? You are going to talk any of us out of it.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I see flash does is give you a crap load of adds on the web page. I for one can do with out it.

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was no accident.

Ninja: If you don't plan on buying an iPad, and you hate it so much, why do you hang around on this site? Just to try to bring down the rest of us who actually are interested in the iPad? You are going to talk any of us out of it.

Oh, then you admit it wasn't an accident?

"You are going to talk any of us out of it." Say what?

When in doubt, read the topic..."The Reason for No Flash"...you might find it helpful.

If you think you don't need Flash, good for you. Most people who actually use the internet know that you need Flash whether you care to admit it or not. Steve has personal issues that have been getting in the way of business.

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if the ipad takes off, expect more sites to code up mobile versions in addition to their desktop versions.

It would need to take off like a bird full of air. I suspect sites have mobile versions because of screen size rather than no Flash. The iPad has a desktop sized screen so creating another mobile version with only Flash excluded, but a desktop sized layout would be seen as a pain in the **** (that's the British spelling).

I just tried the Flash blocker experiment on my laptop. I lasted a day. Drove me mad. News sites become more work. YouTube was a pain. And the web looked a little communist with all those grey dots rather than colourful ads.

I suspect the mass want Flash, and the iPad will suffer without it.

Maybe the 4th quarter global smart phone market share numbers, publishers' reactions to Apple's overtures for content, and the growing unease at the record companies will put a little shiver down Steve's spine and make him reevaluate how the media world and the mass market actually operates.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was no accident.

Oh, then you admit it wasn't an accident?

"You are going to talk any of us out of it." Say what?

When in doubt, read the topic..."The Reason for No Flash"...you might find it helpful.

If you think you don't need Flash, good for you. Most people who actually use the internet know that you need Flash whether you care to admit it or not. Steve has personal issues that have been getting in the way of business.

You are confusing me for someone else, I never said anything about it, accident or not.

You say that I don't think I need I Flash. I *KNOW* I don't need Flash. I use the internet every day, I don't need Flash. You have still failed to illustrate why exactly anyone NEEDS Flash. Maybe you could start by doing that and then people will take you more seriously. Until then, all you are doing is trolling this website.

Again, if you aren't planning on buying the iPad, why waste your time posting here?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is flash

i use internet every day and i have 6 web site, i don't need flash at all. i would like someone demonstrate me what i really loose ??

The stupid animation, ?? the child game, so cheap video about think just interest my gran-ma ??

What is so necessary in flash ?, i use Adobe :Acrobat pro, Illustrator , Photoshop , but flash they can keep it for themselves even in all my web site i refuse that crapy system .... but i am waiting a clear demonstration i am wrong

Ninja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think when flash is released on the mobile platforms it will change the game entirely.

Apple will crumble under Adobes power in my honest opinion.

Adobe has made themselves a requirement in todays times.

Unlike the ever-trying Apple sadly.

If Apple got destroyed, the effect would only be to apple users.

If Adobe got destroyed, the effect would be the entire world wide web.

Let it also be known that through progress this could be great but currently I don't want it.

Not to disagree with your point, but, if Apple went belly up, it would affect all the world because someone would pick over the carcuss, buy the rights to the OS, develop it, sell it to go on commonly available hardware, and really change the world.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The more funny post about Iphone

Yep... the lack of flash is just killing iPhone sales. :D

lol you have got the trophy of the most funny post i read about the Iphone/Ipod

Ask the 70 millions Iphone user ... The success of the Iphone never be seen in the mobile history in term of quantity, time of top 3 positions and in every angle you want .....

And you arrive to say N0 FLASH KILL THE IPHONE SALE !!!!

men you should consult before is too late :))

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And when flash support does arrive on android handsets, people will see just how useless it is on a touch driven device.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash it you're self

And when flash support does arrive on android handsets, people will see just how useless it is on a touch driven device.

The question is : if he arrive on Android ..... maybe , maybe never

mwhibben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why no Flash?

The reason there's no Flash on iPhone is that it's too bulky and slow to run. Steve Job's wasn't exaggerating. It is a processor hog under OS X. I did a side by side comparison of the PC version and the Mac version of Flash and found the PC version was 3x faster. No wonder Steve calls Adobe "lazy". But the lack of Flash really is a problem to me personally. I tried removing it just to see what life without flash would be like, and none of my favorite sites worked. Like it or not, Flash is everywhere. I expect this will hurt the iPad, but how much, who knows? In my blog, I give the results of my PC-Mac Flash comparison and more thoughts on Flash on the iPad at Mark's Tech Chat

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
flash dance

The reason there's no Flash on iPhone is that it's too bulky and slow to run. Steve Job's wasn't exaggerating. It is a processor hog under OS X. I did a side by side comparison of the PC version and the Mac version of Flash and found the PC version was 3x faster. No wonder Steve calls Adobe "lazy". But the lack of Flash really is a problem to me personally. I tried removing it just to see what life without flash would be like, and none of my favorite sites worked. Like it or not, Flash is everywhere. I expect this will hurt the iPad, but how much, who knows? In my blog, I give the results of my PC-Mac Flash comparison and more thoughts on Flash on the iPad at Mark's Tech Chat

I can understand you're needing, but i don't understand is why will you buy IPAD if flash is so necessary ...

In same time i believe Adobe will made serious improvement as they are seriously pointed by everybody (like you're article) , in term of business volume is not good at all , and yet the competition in software field is terrible

The main question for the future is do they will improve flash or the HTML5 will kill flash

Most reactions

Latest posts