What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emcad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading Comex's initial tweet stating that there had been a leak of his beta work, his tone seemed as though he felt under pressure to release the exploit quickly, quoting "and put me on a useless time limit'. Is it fair to assume from that statement that his objective now is to release it into the wild before Apple releases an update to patch the vulnerability?

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question but I can' understand all the fuss about Apple's intention to patch whatever exploit @comex found out. As long as all of us won't upgrade to 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 or 4.3.6 etc. We won't be having trouble with the jb? Right?

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:
Sorry if this is a silly question but I can' understand all the fuss about Apple's intention to patch whatever exploit @comex found out. As long as all of us won't upgrade to 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 or 4.3.6 etc. We won't be having trouble with the jb? Right?

Only as long as everything is stable, if you get a bad crash (as we have seen with some of the users on the leaked edition) then a DFU restore will force the latest iOS down, and it could be that you lose your JB possibility....

That's if I understood everything I am reading atm.

iWant my iCloud

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:

Only as long as everything is stable, if you get a bad crash (as we have seen with some of the users on the leaked edition) then a DFU restore will force the latest iOS down, and it could be that you lose your JB possibility....

iWant my iCloud

actually, even then, technically TinyUmbrella should be able to get you out of it, yes?

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NickHillUK said:

iWant my iCloud

If you have already saved your Shsh of 4.3.3 what' the problem. You can always use tiny umbrella and restore to it

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jimakris said:
If you have already saved your Shsh of 4.3.3 what' the problem. You can always use tiny umbrella and restore to it

Only the wifi ipad2 can use blobs to restore. 3G and CDMA owners will be forced to lose their jailbreak.

jimakris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Only the wifi ipad2 can use blobs to restore. 3G and CDMA owners will be forced to lose their jailbreak.

Sorry for the misunderstanding . I have the wifi model and I was referring to it....thx for the clarification

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:

iWant my iCloud

No issues if you've saved your 'blobs' at the right firmware..

Plus mine hasn't crashed on me once!

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (3.40) :D

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:

That's one thing I cannot understand. If I could downgrade my iPhone 4 to whatever I have SHSH saved for, why couldn't I do that with my iPad2 3G?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:

That's one thing I cannot understand. If I could downgrade my iPhone 4 to whatever I have SHSH saved for, why couldn't I do that with my iPad2 3G?

hmmmn, what now....
okay.....

Last edited:

Reef_Shark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jimakris said:

Because the iPad 2 (new processor and all) doesn't have a bootrom exploit (yet). That's what is needed to get around the "baseband problem".

iTheOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NickHillUK said:

iWant my iCloud

I have tried several of the supposed jb for my iPad 2 (4.3.3). The latest attempt forced me to DFU (this was after the initial screen showing the recovery mode). iTunes didn't recognize my device, and started the download of the update (which I stopped). I unplugged the iPad and then held the the sleep+home buttons, and everything came back.

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saber.zainal said:
Comex will release Jailbreakme 3.0 today if test goes well

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Can you send the source pls

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saber.zainal said:
Comex will release Jailbreakme 3.0 today if test goes well

Can you send the source pls

His source is the email from the leaker who posted an email from supposedly Comex saying the jailbreak will either be released today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts