What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saber.zainal said:
Comex will release Jailbreakme 3.0 today if test goes well

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Can you send the source pls

The latest gossipy "source" is a JPG showing a gmail convo between comex and media will. Says will release "tomorrow," sent out at 12:15 AM. Make of it what you will! I think that means TUESDAY tomorrow, but it could very well be coming out tonight.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/PSPlover11/ReleaseDate.jpg

So...the guy who claimed he couldn't handle the stress and shame of leaking the beta version, is instead leaking print screens of his Gmail inbox? :D

My mum and grandparents are in the other room watching their soap operas, they've no idea what they're missing!

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
His source is the email from the leaker who posted an email from supposedly Comex saying the jailbreak will either be released today or tomorrow

Everyone can say that n.n

Nvm didnt read the link n.n

demonknight9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like fake. Somebody replied to that forum that it doesn't work on 3G models. Will wait for a response from author of that thread. Because he wrote that 3G models are supported.
It is not fake, it's the same files found yesterday or the day before. I registered on the russian site and downloaded them. I think what they explain to do is the hardest bit so cydia can download. The translation for that is a bit schetchie, it will take a bit of time but need to check it properly and if it the jailbreak doesn't come out tomorrow (official) I will try and do it myself as in my opinion this jailbreak might never come.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
demonknight9 said:
It is not fake, it's the same files found yesterday or the day before. I registered on the russian site and downloaded them. I think what they explain to do is the hardest bit so cydia can download. The translation for that is a bit schetchie, it will take a bit of time but need to check it properly and if it the jailbreak doesn't come out tomorrow (official) I will try and do it myself as in my opinion this jailbreak might never come.

Of course, if comex were to confirm the email wasn't fake, that would be something.....

iWant my iCloud

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
demonknight9 said:

Of course, if comex were to confirm the email wasn't fake, that would be something.....

iWant my iCloud

I think the fact that Comex has done some tweeting today and has not said a word about the email from the leaker confirms to me that the email is in fact legit..if the email was fake and not written by Comex he would be the first one to tweet that its total BS and the leaker is a liar..but not a peep..Comex has been pretty good about disproving rumors, such as the jailbreakme site being put up on godaddy.com..he tweeted about that yesterday and not a word about this leaked email, I think it gives the leaker actual credibility, even though I Can't stand the guy LOL

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no proof that the email is legit...do you know how easy it is to modify something like that?

just type
Code:
 javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0 [\code] and you can edit any text on your webpage... really simple to do that and then take a screenshot.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Crazyjackson said:
There is no proof that the email is legit...do you know how easy it is to modify something like that?

just type javascript:document.body.contentEditable='true'; document.designMode='on'; void 0 [\code] and you can edit any text on your webpage... really simple to do that and then take a screenshot.

You didn't get the point.
If it wasn't legit, @comex woud have written that it's fake in twitter long time ago. But he didn't.

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bullka said:
If it wasn't legit, @comex woud have written that it's fake in twitter long time ago. But he didn't.

You could just as easily say if it was legit he would have confirmed it.

iWant my iCloud

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bullka said:

You could just as easily say if it was legit he would have confirmed it.

iWant my iCloud

Comex was quick yesterday to end the rumor about jailbreakme being up for sale on godaddy..he ended that rumor right away, but this one he lets floating around..seems very odd to me..I think the email is legit but I wonder if Comex played the leaker for a fool knowing he would spread the email around..I just wonder if what Comex wrote him was true or not

pcmarcel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex was quick yesterday to end the rumor about jailbreakme being up for sale on godaddy..he ended that rumor right away....

He ended that rumour (and only that one) so quickly, that it makes you wonder (that is.... if you're a conspiracy thinker :)).
Anyway.. the bid price for jailbreakme.com is now at the price "they" would like to have for it, so maybe we can see some action soon.

:D

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So basically, if 3G owners are forced to restore after apple release 4.3.4 (if) we loose our jailbreak and no way back? *gulp* I sure hope mobile substrate is up to scratch and I'm going to be very careful what tweaks I install incase I need to expect the unexpected. But I trust comex will give us a stable jailbreak and 3G owners won't need to panic :)
I would be straight on eBay selling my 32gb 3G and buying a 64gb wifi instead :)

Last edited:

Meanderpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got myself an iPhone 3GS and backed up the shsh and tried to restore using the 4.3.1 file I had from save the shsh. Not sure where that even came from. But I got a firmware error and it couldn't install that file. Am I not doing that right

Sent from my iPad with no flash :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got myself an iPhone 3GS and backed up the shsh and tried to restore using the 4.3.1 file I had from save the shsh. Not sure where that even came from. But I got a firmware error and it couldn't install that file. Am I not doing that right

Way to live up to your username! We take staying on topic pretty seriously here Paul. Can I suggest you try our sister forum iphoneforums.net, or post your problem in its own thread in the hacking section. Don't hijack another thread!

Meanderpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Way to live up to your username! We take staying on topic pretty seriously here Paul. Can I suggest you try our sister forum iphoneforums.net, or post your problem in its own thread in the hacking section. Don't hijack another thread!

I'm well aware mr mod I've been following it sense post 70 and I've no intent on hijacking figured I'd save the trouble of having to back track through posts in another theses and getting the read previous posts and stay on topic. This was one of the things brought up before is saving and restoring older shsh files so I'm not much off topic but seeing how you were so polite about it mr mod sure thing I'll go to another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts