What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreakme.com is up to the old site again! Were close!

I dont know if the site being up to its old ways means anything..I sure hope so my iPad is lonely without a jailbreak
Edit: Wait are u sure its back to the way it was because on my end on my PC it looks the same with the no seriously stuff

Gubi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I dont know if the site being up to its old ways means anything..I sure hope so my iPad is lonely without a jailbreak
Edit: Wait are u sure its back to the way it was because on my end on my PC it looks the same with the no seriously stuff

Okay... Wtf. About 10 seconds ago it was displaying the old jailbreakme.com 2.0 site and it was saying the usual "you need to downgrade your firmware to unlock" stuff. Now I can see it has changed back to the no, seriously thing. Perhaps we are very close?

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gubi said:
Okay... Wtf. About 10 seconds ago it was displaying the old jailbreakme.com 2.0 site and it was saying the usual "you need to downgrade your firmware to unlock" stuff. Now I can see it has changed back to the no, seriously thing. Perhaps we are very close?

Or cookies ......................

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gubi said:
Now I can see it has changed back to the no, seriously thing.

I must have missed something.
The sited showed other things than the old jailbreak, the teaser or the "it's been far too long"??

Gubi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eivind said:
Or cookies ......................

I loaded the page earlier today and it displayed the no seriously/it's been too long thing (they are the same for the guy that was confused)

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gubi said:
I loaded the page earlier today and it displayed the no seriously/it's been too long thing (they are the same for the guy that was confused)

Aha... It's the title I see now...
Well, nothing has changed...

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could someone in theory just reverse engineer the entire iOS and just superimpose their OWN operating system on to the device? Kinda like how I can put Linux on a PC instead of windows?

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just curious about the mechanics. That'd be one way to get out of the gated community!

I'd think that one would still need an exploit in order to install a boot loader that would allow one to boot this alternative OS.

Come to think of it, if it were an easy thing to do, then it wouldn't be so involved to downgrade your iOS version. Clearly there's some gatekeeping going on here.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maberib said:
I'd thimk that one would still need an exploit in order to install a boot loader that would allow one to boot this alternative OS.

Exactly right.
You would need not just a userland exploit but a bootloader exploit.

DDuce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you want a different OS? Are you going to port 100000 apps?

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you port the os, you wouldn't need to port the apps. Not that I think it's viable to port iOS.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Ugh, I keep getting redirected to /star. It's so annoying.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Then stop visiting and refreshing the site.... ;)
You'll find out soon enough when it is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts