What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sutty0000 said:
Tomorrow morning would be nice (GMT +1) so there's less site traffic. Assuming it is released in the next 12 hours ;)

So u say the JB would be released in the next 12 houres ??

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnytjj said:

Who knows, everyone has a huntch but in the end only comex knows.

Sent from my Nexus One using iPad Forums App

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnytjj said:

Comex said he needs bootstrapping first. Next 12hrs DOUBTFUL. Look for this AFTER iOS 5. Theres a method to the madness, Look at his tweets he has pics of him using the White iPad 2 JailBroken!! Its doable, but for whatever reason he isn't releasing it publicly. If anyone owned the very 1st iPod Touch and when JB was 1st introduced you had to MANUALLY type in each line of Code/Command CLI style. So revert back to the old way, IDC I'm tech savvy enough to do it.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnytjj said:

Comex said he needs bootstrapping first. Next 12hrs DOUBTFUL. Look for this AFTER iOS 5. Theres a method to the madness, Look at his tweets he has pics of him using the White iPad 2 JailBroken!! Its doable, but for whatever reason he isn't releasing it publicly. If anyone owned the very 1st iPod Touch and when JB was 1st introduced you had to MANUALLY type in each line of Code/Command CLI style. So revert back to the old way, IDC I'm tech savvy enough to do it.

Wait so you think the jailbreakme will be released AFTER IOS 5..I dont believe that for a second..once he gets the bootstrap from saurik he is going to release it..there is NO point in waiting for IOS 5 to be released..especially with Apple ensuring that you cant downgrade.

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Wait so you think the jailbreakme will be released AFTER IOS 5..I dont believe that for a second..once he gets the bootstrap from saurik he is going to release it..there is NO point in waiting for IOS 5 to be released..especially with Apple ensuring that you cant downgrade.

Apple "ensures" you can NVR downgrade on 90% of their firmwares, this myth had been busted numerous times and counting. And yes there is a reason to wait for iOS 5, If apple knows there is a jailbreak for A5 chip prior to shipping the iPhone 4S/5 then that could hinder a lot of things. Ship date, firmware remodel, baseband and kernel patches. I can vent for hours on WHY they would wait til after, however i HOPE i am wrong

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Apple "ensures" you can NVR downgrade on 90% of their firmwares, this myth had been busted numerous times and counting. And yes there is a reason to wait for iOS 5, If apple knows there is a jailbreak for A5 chip prior to shipping the iPhone 4S/5 then that could hinder a lot of things. Ship date, firmware remodel, baseband and kernel patches. I can vent for hours on WHY they would wait til after, however i HOPE i am wrong

I guess I am just one of those people who could care less about IOS 5 right now..if I had to choose between a jailbroken 4.3.3 and a non-jailbroken IOS 5 I would go for 4.3.3..at least thats how I see it. I see Comex releasing this jailbreak this week..the fact that he is already requesting the bootstrap from saurik means he is basically done

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I guess I am just one of those people who could care less about IOS 5 right now..if I had to choose between a jailbroken 4.3.3 and a non-jailbroken IOS 5 I would go for 4.3.3..at least thats how I see it. I see Comex releasing this jailbreak this week..the fact that he is already requesting the bootstrap from saurik means he is basically done

This is a broken record style update. He is dragging it out for the publicity. Why did all the other dev's drop out?... Because its a Publicity Stunt to have him nationally recognized on the news for cracking the O so "Impossible" A5 chip.... SMH

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aside from the fact he had not cracked the A5 chip... This jailbreak is userland based therefore is NOTHING to do with the A5... [sigh]

Why do you think they were able to announce it would be for all devices from iPhone 3GS upwards and all firmwares from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?

Last edited:

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Comex's "userland" exploit just a software exploit that only works on ios 4.3.x? There's no reason to worry about it chip-wise (not a bootrom exploit), or ios-wise (only works on 4.3.x, not ios5), so why not release it when it's done?

Sorry f4780y, I was only responding about not waiting till ios 5 to release. I'm as anxious as everyone else, but understand completely why it takes time (and why it shouldn't be rushed). ;-)

Last edited:

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some people just don't understand that these things take time (I don't mean you cryptic)
The reason another team drops out from the project, in this case p0sixninja, is because they don't all find the same exploit.
They each usually find a different one. So the one that's furthest from finishing their respective JB drops out in order to save their exploit for later in the hopes that it will still be available in the future.

This was the case if I'm not mistaken with greenp0ison. The original exploit which they named shatter was supposed to be used in that JB but geohot came along and released his limera1n exploit before them so they decided to save their exploit and go with his. Which was also one of the reasons that greenp0ison was delayed.

All updates regarding future JB are simply to inform the rest of us in where they're currently at with the project and nothing more. It's not for publicity or anything of the sort. People want to know the progress on these things so they give them to you and in turn it makes the wait feel longer bcs everyone begins to assume that they are almost done with every update, but it's nothing more than them trying to keep you up to date with their progress.

Noele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clarification SHSH Blob

Apologies for the post, this must have been answered in the past but could not find it. I am on 4.3 waiting for this JB. I understand that to be able to save my current blob I need to go on to 4.3.3. Are most of you on 4.3.3 already? Would you all recommend for me to go to 4.3.3 now before JB'ing?
Thanks

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't go to 4.3.3 yet just in case the jb is for 4.3. If you go to 4.3.3, there would be no way to downgrade if the jb is available for 4.3.

NickHillUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MUSE_iC said:
Some people just don't understand that these things take time (I don't mean you cryptic)
The reason another team drops out from the project, in this case p0sixninja, is because they don't all find the same exploit.
They each usually find a different one. So the one that's furthest from finishing their respective JB drops out in order to save their exploit for later in the hopes that it will still be available in the future.

This was the case if I'm not mistaken with greenp0ison. The original exploit which they named shatter was supposed to be used in that JB but geohot came along and released his limera1n exploit before them so they decided to save their exploit and go with his. Which was also one of the reasons that greenp0ison was delayed.

All updates regarding future JB are simply to inform the rest of us in where they're currently at with the project and nothing more. It's not for publicity or anything of the sort. People want to know the progress on these things so they give them to you and in turn it makes the wait feel longer bcs everyone begins to assume that they are almost done with every update, but it's nothing more than them trying to keep you up to date with their progress.

But isn't that the issue, that there no updates? All the fuel for this thread is speculation coming from within.....

iWant my iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts