What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kustard said:
Update from Comex twitter:

'Just read the latest Dev Team blog post... if you have an iPad 2, it would be a very good idea to save your 4.3.x SHSH blobs.'

I wish he just had said... Go and get it...
Lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
kustard said:
if you have an iPad 2, it would be a very good idea to save your 4.3.x SHSH blobs.'

Funny. I've been giving you all the same advice in the main news thread since May, but as long as Comex tells you to do it, eh? ;)

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kustard said:
if you have an iPad 2, it would be a very good idea to save your 4.3.x SHSH blobs.'

Funny. I've been giving you all the same advice in the main news thread since May, but as long as Comex tells you to do it, eh? ;)

Don't worry f4780y, i listened to you and have blobs for 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 :) others won't get the chance of 4.3.2 now :)

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hoping the jailbreak is released tonight!! So close! I can hardly wait!!! So this bootstrap thing is the final step I assume right..there is no way that Saurik refuses to do it ..At least now Comex is tweeting more, he is quite the twitterer today

kustard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought since he said that, that the JB may be literally just round the corner, one can hope!

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RudyL90 said:
Who said this "bootstrapping" is the final stage?

It was last time (1 year ago) when saurik gave the bootstrap to comex so he could release JBme 2.0...

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:
It was last time (1 year ago) when saurik gave the bootstrap to comex so he could release JBme 2.0...

Doesn't say anything about the situation now..

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
everytime i see "bootstrap" all i can think about is bootstrap bill turner from pirates of the caribbean :D

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bootstrapping (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
bootstrapping (from an old expression "to pull oneself up by one's bootstraps") is a technique by which a simple computer program activates a more complicated system of programs.

My guess is that when the devs are finished with their exploit (the code that allows Cydia to be installed within/along side Apples' software), they then have to send it to Saurik so he can add (bootstrap) his Cydia install code to the exploit. He (Saurik) sends it back to Comex who can then add it to his website. (I think...)

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tomorrow morning would be nice (GMT +1) so there's less site traffic. Assuming it is released in the next 12 hours ;)

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sutty0000 said:
Tomorrow morning would be nice (GMT +1) so there's less site traffic. Assuming it is released in the next 12 hours ;)

haha this is very doubtful.. Just saying:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts