What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornAfflicted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick Glimpse

Hi All, First time poster here.

I have been following this thread and thought I'd share my experience a few moments ago. I went to jailbreakme and it flashed up a different screen for a split second. on a black background I saw a slider up high on the page in an outlined black box and the number 3.0 in white bold text right above it to the right. There was more lettering but that's all the detail I could catch before it took me to /star the old jailbreakme 2.0 site. I tried to get a screen capture but it was too quick.

I think that might be a sign that we're getting close. :)

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im pretty sure before comex uploads the files he will let us know...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Im just hoping that since he asked for ALL of the firmwares that they will ALL end up working with his jailbreak..that would make the most sense :) then everyone's happy..no one has to upgrade or downgrade, just keep what u have and ur good to go

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have been following this thread and thought I'd share my experience a few moments ago. I went to jailbreakme and it flashed up a different screen for a split second. on a black background I saw a slider up high on the page in an outlined black box and the number 3.0 in white bold text right above it to the right. There was more lettering but that's all the detail I could catch before it took me to /star the old jailbreakme 2.0 site. I tried to get a screen capture but it was too quick.

i managed to take a screen shot of it on my first try. i dont see any "3.0"

were you on your iPad or computer?

BornAfflicted

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Darn, I thought I saw it. Was the slider there?

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Darn, I thought I saw it. Was the slider there?

Yes the slider was there, there are no numbers whatsoever

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he's actually testing things out or just having fun with us until he releases it.

I just don't see him screwing over people like that..asking for the firmware files from everyone, to what, just have fun at our expense..I dont think so..I dont think he rolls that way.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I just don't see him screwing over people like that..asking for the firmware files from everyone, to what, just have fun at our expense..I dont think so..I dont think he rolls that way.

Why Are you guys still speculating? He already said hes almost done...

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heh. I don't mean to suggest that he's being malicious. Maybe just having fun before a scheduled release that he's already chosen (Sunday?).

DanteJap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I was wondering about, if comex decides to release the jailbreak and the jailbreakme.com site goes up, how long do you guess its going to take to actually reach the site ?:confused:
I mean there will be lots of people trying to jailbreak it and all at the same time!? Any experience with the first jailbreakme.com ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There were some quite significant traffic problems from launch last time (it took only minutes before it started to suffer), which is only to be expected of a website which will attract probably tens of thousands of visitors an hour for the first day or two...

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it was last week that he tweeted about coding for the site so one would think if he was working on the site he has finished the JB. From what others said about seeing different screens, it sounds like he is testing out the coding for the site now, so it may be very soon.

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did see that screen yesterday, but i was not redirected to star... Nevertheless, I couod't slide to jailbreak... After a refresh the page changed to the star subdirectorie...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts