What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froznking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even if apple can play god and have us not able to use a software jailbreak, and litigation to force them to open their system is stalled someone will do a hardware break, don't know apple well enough to know how their system exactly works but it's not impossible won't be cheap.. But 100-200 to "free" my machine is worth every penny.

Food for thought... Isn't the concept of ITunes and app store a fundementaly designed to be a "monopoly" under American law? Where's the litigation, to ensure everyone has a fair slice of the pie

tazzky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tazzky said:
Possible.. Or the exploit can't be patched even the release of ios5. Who knows.

That would be nice, but I think theres no such thing as unpatchable userland exploits.

Yes, but i'm just assuming they can't patch it in final iOS5. 'cause from what i understand about comexs teaser, his pdf exploit is advanced because of the black diamond. Yes, black diamond means "advanced". So it's not the same as the last exploits he released.

Or maybe, i'm dead wrong. :) but "who knows".

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tazzky said:
Yes, but i'm just assuming they can't patch it in final iOS5. 'cause from what i understand about comexs teaser, his pdf exploit is advanced because of the black diamond. Yes, black diamond means "advanced". So it's not the same as the last exploits he released.

Or maybe, i'm dead wrong. :) but "who knows".

As advanced as it could be, being userland is always patchable...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:
As advanced as it could be, being userland is always patchable...

And we are 100% sure it is a userland JB? it has to be, because i cant really see how it can be a hardware exploit ...

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eivind said:
And we are 100% sure it is a userland JB? it has to be, because i cant really see how it can be a hardware exploit ...

Without the A5 dump I don't believe there is a possibility to create a hardware JB. And as far as I know it hasn't been dumped yet...

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eivind said:

Can only be a userland exploit, or at least until they dump the boot rom.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really need that bootrom to be dumped for iOS 5 :)

if you think about it, they're releasing a jailbreak for 4.3 that could well work for 4.3.3 eventually, it must be a new exploit. if they're releasing a new exploit now when iOS 5 is on the horizon, there can only be two reasons for it.

1) they're prioritizing jailbreak now over jailbreak with iOS 5.
2) they have more than one userland exploit.

I'm hoping it's the latter ;)

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:

I don't really care now accually. As long as my iPad gets to be jailbroken I am happy, by userland exploit or otherwise.
But for the future, yes, I would be REALLY nice. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

if you think about it, they're releasing a jailbreak for 4.3 that could well work for 4.3.3 eventually, it must be a new exploit. if they're releasing a new exploit now when iOS 5 is on the horizon, there can only be two reasons for it.

1) they're prioritizing jailbreak now over jailbreak with iOS 5.
2) they have more than one userland exploit.

I'm hoping it's the latter ;)

Yeah there are actually two jailbreaks being released..one by p0sixninja that will work on 4.3 only I believe and also Comex's jailbreak, which is the one I am currently waiting for, that works with ALL firmwares, including 4.3.3 so its the best of both worlds, everyone will have their iPads jailbroken..as far as IOS 5 we will just have to cross that bridge when we get to it

ali_nemat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
I'd rather be on a jailbroken 4.3.3 then worry about IOS 5..so whatever jailbreak they can give us I will be happy with..we haven't heard anything from them so I am hoping to hear something from the today now that IOS 5 has been revealed

Yes. I agree with you. Is ipad2 4.3.3 finally jailbroken or not?

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was it ever stated by comex that it was going to work on all firmwares?

I don't believe so, directly - but I think it was mentioned a few times that he was using post 4.3 firmware (?) and had requested / posted some kernel (?) data for all 4.3.x

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was it ever stated by comex that it was going to work on all firmwares?

I don't believe so, directly - but I think it was mentioned a few times that he was using post 4.3 firmware (?) and had requested / posted some kernel (?) data for all 4.3.x

Yeah he requested them all, 4.3.1(For wifi, verizon and at&t), 4.3.2(Wifi, at&t and Verizon) and 4.3.3(he already had the WiFi which makes me think that is the firmware he has on his iPad) verizon, and AT&T so I think it will work for all of those that way no one is left out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts